Great guitarists who play PRS

xrleroyx

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Half of those guys don't play them anymore though. I know Martin Barre has gone on to deluxe strats mostly, and Alex Lifeson doesn't use them too much these days either.

Yeah, but even in his interview about his new LP's Alex said "We went with a Floyd Rose, and I have it partially blocked - but it's still "floating" - the tremolos on the PRS guitars were...well, they were just perfect."

• Members

Yeah, but even in his interview about his new LP's Alex said "We went with a Floyd Rose, and I have it partially blocked - but it's still "floating" - the tremolos on the PRS guitars were...well, they were just perfect."

He's also said that he prefers LPs because they sound bigger than his PRSes. Just saying.

• Members

He's also said that he prefers LPs because they sound bigger than his PRSes. Just saying.

That's what I read and the band agreed on as well hence back to LP.

I personally loved his live tone with PRS tough. He would also run his guitar sound dual with electric and piezo at the same time.

• Members

Martin Barre of Jethro Tull:

433px-Martin_Barre.jpg

Al DiMeola:

rainbow.jpg

Santana!:

7.jpg

THESE guys are the reason I'd like to own a PRS someday.

Who are your favorites?

sweet,i have one of martin barres marshall jcm800 2x12 cabs,big fan!

• Members

I would argue that Santana and DiMeola sounded better using gibsons and Yamahas (Santana). That said, thee's no doubt that a lot of great players love PRS, and that they make fine instruments. A local hero, Mikkel Nords

• Members

Alex takes both of his PRS guitars on the road (which are also bolt necks BTW) and actually plays them.

As for others who play PRS guitars that I like, there really isn't a player who I listen to a lot of that plays PRS. Maybe thats why I like mine, because I can be inspired by guitarists without having to run out and get the exact gear they use.

Archived