Octopus's Garden

onelife

• Members

Maybe, but I've never gotten that kind of sound from this.

Picture014-1.jpg

You've got one. I'd love to have a rosewood tele. Is it heavy?

Who knows what guitars were used on what tracks? I bet even the people who played them can't be sure.

• Members

People slam Octopus's Garden?
:o
I freaking love that song. It's so happy and awesome.

Me too! Check out the version on the Cirque du Soliel soundtrack to "Love: (everything on this is genius IMO). George Martin's son Giles turned loose with the original multitracks!

• Members

You've got one. I'd love to have a rosewood tele. Is it heavy?

Who knows what guitars were used on what tracks? I bet even the people who played them can't be sure.

Yeah, despite the fact that it's hollow, it outweighs my Les Paul by a good bit. It took me a while to bond with it, but once you find the right amp, it's gorgeous. And yeah, it's hard to tell what's what on some Beatles tunes.

• Members

Me too! Check out the version on the Cirque du Soliel soundtrack to "Love: (everything on this is genius IMO). George Martin's son Giles turned loose with the original multitracks!

Tried to record on top of a backing track. It don't come easy.........

Found it here:

http://www.karaoke-version.com/ you can add and subtract tracks. Pretty cool.

• Members

Another perspective is that when the Beatles were making this music, a lot of the people listening to it (as well as the Beatles themselves) were stoned on pot or psychedelics and songs like Octopus's Garden and others had a very different effect when listening while under the influence. It was considered "head" music and created trippy imagery in your mind. I remember listening to Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour while tripping back then and although I had listened to them many times before, it was a totally different experience through kaleidoscope eyes. There was so much in there I had never heard before and I appreciated the artistry of some songs that had seemed silly before. I'm not advocating that people run out and do that, but just putting the music in some historical context.

Oddly, Abbey Road went in the changer a couple of days ago, and I may or may not have been puffin :eek:but that record blew me away all over again! I hadn't played it in a couple of years maybe, and IIRC, it seemed boring the last time I heard it. :facepalm:

I'm going to pick up the remasters of Hard Day's Night and Magical Mystery Tour next time I go to the store.

Archived