The Whotles

HeatherAnnePeel

• Members

Or possibly Led Whotles?

Roger Daltrey

Jimmy Page

John Paul Jones

Ringo Starr

I think that might be better - although I'd put Macker on the drums rather than Ringo - I think he might be better at it!

I think 'The Hootles' has a better ring to it.

Or 'Led Hootlin', or 'The Beatled Hootlin',

• Members

I think that might be better - although I'd put Macker on the drums rather than Ringo - I think he might be better at it!

I think 'The Hootles' has a better ring to it.

Or 'Led Hootlin', or 'The Beatled Hootlin',

Dont you think that after more than 40 years Ringo became a better drummer?

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Dont you think that after more than 40 years Ringo became a better drummer?

Have a look at the clip in the 'Japan 1966' thread and tell me that he wasn't pretty damn Fab Gear back in the day.

These days, I doubt he plays the drums much any more ... he's too busy being a Beloved Entertainer.

• Members

Have a look at the clip in the 'Japan 1966' thread and tell me that he wasn't pretty damn Fab Gear back in the day.

This.

He did get a bit overshadowed the new styles of Ginger Baker and Mitch Mitchell when they came along, but he was a good drummer.

When I started learning drums, playing along with Beatles records forced me to abandon rock cliches, they just wouldn't fit.

If you could isolate his tracks from some of those records you would still be able to recognise the song.

• Members

These days, I doubt he plays the drums much any more ... he's too busy being a Beloved Entertainer.

I saw the All Starr Band a few years back with Sheila E (no slouch), Ian Hunter and Greg Lake. Ringo sounded HUGE compared to Sheila, and it wasn't just a level thing. And he played the piss out of 21st Century Schizoid Man.

• Members

^^^

Well, THAT's good to know ...

Regarding Whotles ... since The Beatles were always a two-guitar band and in the second half of their career used both extra musicians and stacks of vocal and instrumental overdubs, they'd need a whole mess of backup players to make the stuff sound right ...

Archived