Any Love For the Hagstrom F200P?

Glenn F

• Members

Bought one a while ago. The original pickups weren't that great IMO. They sounded okay through a few amps, but not that powerful through others. I got it used, fairly cheap. I just actually posted about it with new pups in it! Threw a couple of surf 90s in it. Now it sounds very nice! The necks are great on them too. Worth getting if you can find one cheap! Around two hundred is about usual.

• Members

Thanks for your replies. It's here, I found getting the saddle height adjusted low enough a hassle, and the neck is a bit wide for my taste. On the positive side, the sound was very good, imo. I am sending it back. I have enough guitars so that if I don't love it completely, I don't want it.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

After going to try out a few 60's SG Tributes, and coming back, taking the Hag out of the box again, I've decided to keep it. The SGs were a bit meh. 2 of them had 4 piece bodies and the seams were fairly obvious. There was also a fair bit of fret buzz, and I found them muddy going through a Mustang III in Twin mode. I don't really feel comfortable with LP bodies: I find them unbalanced, and I don't have the energy to stalk down the 'perfect' SG.' The clean tone on the F200P is quite beautiful. Sweet comes to mind. It can growl too, and, though I find the neck a bit too wide for my taste, I' ll adapt. BTW, the necks on the Gibbys were great. The fretwork--not so much.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

It's been out for a while here in Europe. I'd definitely hit it, but, as I've said, I really find LP style bodies unbalanced and uncomfortable, especially when I am sitting in a chair. I am getting into the F200P, though. It only weighs 3.5 kilograms (about 8 lbs) and it sounds heavenly. Plays nice too, but the neck is wider than on my Super Swede (which I will probably sell, due to my aversion to heavy, LP type guitars).

Cheers,

Glenn

It's been out for a while here in Europe. I'd definitely hit it, but, as I've said, I really find LP style bodies unbalanced and uncomfortable, especially when I am sitting in a chair. I am getting into the F200P, though. It only weighs 3.5 kilograms (about 8 lbs) and it sounds heavenly. Plays nice too, but the neck is wider than on my Super Swede (which I will probably sell, due to my aversion to heavy, LP type guitars).

Cheers,

Glenn

Glad you're digging it!

Archived