Just saw Ronnie Van Zant's hat on Pawn Stars...

steve_man

• Members

I thought it was ridiculous. Didn't he offer 10k for it? I mean, no one in their right mind would pay for something on a hunch like that. I think it was more for show. Lately it has gotten more ridiculous. But yeah it was kind of cool. And who knows, it probably was real if it wasn't staged.

• Members

I quit watching it a while back when they started with the whole Subway sponsorship thing. Pay attention, and near the end of just about every episode, something from Subway shows up.

I've noticed a lot of that kind of junk popping up on that show. They now have a dumb commercial about a guy bringing in some energy shots to sell...obvious commercial is obvious...:facepalm:

• Members

I've noticed a lot of that kind of junk popping up on that show. They now have a dumb commercial about a guy bringing in some energy shots to sell...obvious commercial is obvious...
:facepalm:

You know none of that is new right? They used to do that on show's in the 50's even.

• Members

This scene was a real low for the show.

If you watch the show at all, you know he would NEVER have offered 10k for that!

The seller looked familiar?

Kinda disappointing, as most their stuff is at least believeable, if somewhat scripted or contrived.

This and the recent Chumlee buys a fake Gibson episodes are so transparent.

I enjoy the show tho, lots of cool history, and people.

And the commercial is just that! A commercial and not intended to fool anyone ( tho maybe some?)

• Members

Yeah, I was definitely wondering what Rick was thinking on that one. That was a really cool hat. 10k cool? idk

he was not thinking.

He was following the script.

There surely cannot be anyone who believes any of these "reality" shows are actually reality and unscripted??

• 8 years later...
  • Members
On 8/18/2011 at 10:24 PM, JimboJ said:

The guy claimed he got backstage passes at a Skynyrd show, and Ronnie just gave him the hat. Yeah right, he's going to give his hat to a stranger...

Baby face might have been 4 when plane went into trees. Wrong size crown, I’m really hoping these dirtbags aren’t trying say the backstage passes are worthless, but then again yellow, and this guy slaps it on his chest?.....okay you punk ass, enough! Self adhesive? Christ kid I’d love to whip your ass for Mr Lacy, Go packed up your damn He men, bring them back and unload some more of mommies tyranny you dick. Jumbo, I apologize for chiming in on a ancient post. That band is a group of individuals whom still speak volumes. Always have always will. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting and eventually again and again talk to Lacy. Baby face, and f you see this contact me please,I’m just north of Richmond Va these days, have no problem flying west to teach you respect. God bless you Ronnie,Steve and Cassie, see you next month Denny 

Archived