Sign in to follow this  
steve_man

Just saw Ronnie Van Zant's hat on Pawn Stars...

...one of the cooler music items I've seen on the show...it was this one...

Ronnie%20Van%20Zant%20with%20plaid%20shi

Guy wanted $20K for it! :eek:

Still...a sweet item to put in the music room...:thu:

I thought it was ridiculous. Didn't he offer 10k for it? I mean, no one in their right mind would pay for something on a hunch like that. I think it was more for show. Lately it has gotten more ridiculous. But yeah it was kind of cool. And who knows, it probably was real if it wasn't staged.

Yeah, $10K is even crazy money for it...especially with no real proof. I looked it up, and you can buy the reproductions all day long.

I quit watching it a while back when they started with the whole Subway sponsorship thing. Pay attention, and near the end of just about every episode, something from Subway shows up.

My son watches that show all the time...I look at it as a fascinating sociological survey of the subspecies redneckus ruralis...

I quit watching it a while back when they started with the whole Subway sponsorship thing. Pay attention, and near the end of just about every episode, something from Subway shows up.

I've noticed a lot of that kind of junk popping up on that show. They now have a dumb commercial about a guy bringing in some energy shots to sell...obvious commercial is obvious...:facepalm:

I've noticed a lot of that kind of junk popping up on that show. They now have a dumb commercial about a guy bringing in some energy shots to sell...obvious commercial is obvious...
:facepalm:

You know none of that is new right? They used to do that on show's in the 50's even.

Concerning the product placements, I LOVE LOVE LOVE what they do on Mythbusters. They put their own Mythbusters labels over the original labels on any product they use. Sometimes the labels are pretty funny, too.

Yeah the whole advertisement thing does drag the show down, though I still don't see it as something to ruin a great show completely. Anyway 20,000 is fucking insane.

The guy claimed he got backstage passes at a Skynyrd show, and Ronnie just gave him the hat. Yeah right, he's going to give his hat to a stranger...

You know none of that is new right? They used to do that on show's in the 50's even.

yeah, product placement isn't remotely new. Just too obvious in this show...

This scene was a real low for the show.

If you watch the show at all, you know he would NEVER have offered 10k for that!

The seller looked familiar?

Kinda disappointing, as most their stuff is at least believeable, if somewhat scripted or contrived.

This and the recent Chumlee buys a fake Gibson episodes are so transparent.

I enjoy the show tho, lots of cool history, and people.

And the commercial is just that! A commercial and not intended to fool anyone ( tho maybe some?)

The show must be on its way out as they constantly seem to have to outdo each successive show with something else.

I notice Rick seems to have a nasal drip in his voice this year like he's doing coke or something.

Yeah...I was pretty shocked that he offered the guy 10K for it...I mean, it sounded convincing, but for that kind of money, I'd wanna know for sure!

Yeah, I was definitely wondering what Rick was thinking on that one. That was a really cool hat. 10k cool? idk

he was not thinking.

He was following the script.

There surely cannot be anyone who believes any of these "reality" shows are actually reality and unscripted??