Black day on eBay for HanSolo!

HanSolo

• Members

Man, tough crowd out there.

I listed my 2006 MIM 60th Anniversary Strat (The real Blizzard Pearl model) w. 60th Gig bag with a $349 opening bid and that was all I got. That really surprised me because these are so much better than the MIM Standards and ahve a near USA Strat feel to them.

I listed My Michael Dolsey Goldtop with an opening bid of $299 (my min) and that was all I got. The Michael Dolsey was an Epi Goldtop killer and I really expected to do better.

My mint Michael Kelly Patriot Custom also went at my min bid at $299.

Jeezus, I could have traded the last 2 in at GC and got that.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I listed my 2006 MIM 60th Anniversary Strat (The real Blizzard Pearl model) w. 60th Gig bag with a $349 opening bid and that was all I got. That really surprised me because these are so much better than the MIM Standards and ahve a near USA Strat feel to them.

I listed My Michael Dolsey Goldtop with an opening bid of $299 (my min) and that was all I got. The Michael Dolsey was an Epi Goldtop killer and I really expected to do better.

Did you sell it for that? Wouldn't mind having one of those...

• Members

Yeah, the selling market sucks. It is a mix of extreme low ball offers from people who assume you HAVE to sell something and people who want to buy something in trade for crazy things. The last trade offer I got on a mint ibanez MIJ 7 string was for comic books, a paintball gun, and 20-30 used car batteries. WTF. I guess you were lucky to get any money at all, and at least you were smart enough to set a reserve.

• Members

"Buyers market" I hear that a lot. And its usually the assumed antonym to a {censored}ty economy. But things are a little different now. Its not as much a buyer's market as logic would dictate; its more of a frozen market. People are not willing to pay high prices because the economy sucks and buyers lowball severely assuming you have to sell. Likewise, many sellers are asking too much, or even fair value, but would rather hold on and not sell than to take a big loss. So everything has ground to a halt.

We're in some strange times for sure.

• Members

I'm not surprised. People want give-away prices or they wont bite most of the time. It really is a buyer's market right now. I've gotten some good deals because of that, but taken a beating also when selling some items. I'm really shocked though at how bad it is right now. I bought a beautiful black/maple '06 MIM Strat recently at a music pawnshop for $230, which I think was a great deal. On the other hand, I was unable to sell my almost prestine '04 Standard Squier for $100 on ebay when I listed it last week. It makes you wonder how the new guitar market is doing. So from my current perspective, I'm planning on doing more buying and less selling, LOL!

• Members

What I found funny was the number of emails I got asking if I had the tremolo bar for the Strat I was selling. That 60th Anniversary still cheeses me though. I got the same money for an Agave Blue MIM Standard and that 60th Anniv was really something special by comparison. Oh well. I've been on both sides if this buyer's market and gotten some good deals, so I shouldn't complain too loud I guess.

• Members

No way, man. Guitar Center gives you only half of what they sell it for, and their selling price would be the same as or less than what you got.

Like everyone is saying - don't get discouraged. You actually did really well, and it's significant that you sold something. I've had stuff on craigslist for months at a pretty reasonable price, and I can't get rid of it.

• Members

I'm kinda glad to read this thread and see it really is as bad selling-wise as I thought, I had wondered if it was just me. It sucks though when you take a beating on a really nice item, but I cant complain as well. I've bought some real nice stuff lately for very little money. With the used market like it is it seems like the guitar retail stores must be dying, doesnt it?

• Members

I've had better luck with auctions beginning at $0.99 with no reserve than when I have a "minimum price" set as my opening bid. With the $0.99 no reserve auctions, I have received more than I expected. And with the higher opening bid auction, I only received the opening bid.

While the $0.99 no reserve auction is a bit risky, it gets the bidders involved early and gets more excitement and buzz behind the product.

• Members

Yeah I don't want to be the dick that comes out and say this, but be happy you got $349 for an MIM Strat regardless if it was 60th Anniversary. In the end it is still made in MEXICO and unless it says made in AMERICA no one is going to give you a penny more. Most people think their gear is worth more than it really is. Sorry to be the realist :-(