dcindc

DCinDC's cheap git club - The Haven

This is my current cheapest by quite a bit.... and S101 SG copy that I bought pretty much as a test bed for this color. I'm thinking of refinishing my SG Jr in either this color or something similar so I just bought this guitar to throw that paint on and see how it looked. Not too shabby. I threw in a covered neck pickup when I put it back together for that mis-matched look.

Sounds great, plays pretty decent, doesn't really feel all that good but hey... I only have $10 or $20 in the guitar, plus $40 in the pickup and maybe $8 in paint. Probably end up giving it away to a kid in the family.

DSC_8393a1.jpg

Harmony "Polished Turd" - believe it or not this guitar is a sleeper now that I have made it playable!

IMG_5207.jpg

Jay Turser Paisley Tele - replaced the pickguard with a clear pickguard. Currently has Mighty Mite pickups...:o
IMG_5006.jpg

SX Jr copy:

IMG_4626.jpg

11800299_10206650738564272_3351467953755629463_n.jpg?oh=5b2055d50632471d10906431a54a9378&oe=568359A6

Aiersi PRS clone/copy/lookylikee.£120 including delivery. Needed fretboard clean and new strings but plays very nice to a three-chord hacker like me.

On 8/4/2015 at 2:39 AM, wankdeplank said:

Hi dc, bye dc, see you in another five years then?

how's this? close enough?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll play. Ibanez Art100. $150 pawn shop find. Mahogany body, set-in mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard, full binding. Try finding a cheap guitar with these specs today!

image.thumb.png.5bdb826f7cb0760d17e0692600a0cdc2.png

On 10/20/2019 at 12:36 PM, erok123 said:

I'll play. Ibanez Art100. $150 pawn shop find. Mahogany body, set-in mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard, full binding. Try finding a cheap guitar with these specs today!

image.thumb.png.5bdb826f7cb0760d17e0692600a0cdc2.png

Very nice!!

:thu:

Saw these recently chasing an ART300

16 minutes ago, Verne Andru said:

Have they finally fixed the forum? Are we back in business?

It's fixed,  but nobody seems to know it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gardo said:

It's fixed,  but nobody seems to know it 

Not surprising. They drove everybody away what, 10 years ago? I hope someone has been documenting what management did because it should go down in history as the definitive example of how to purposefully destroy the most vibrant forum on the internet. Goodness, you could do a university program around it, it was done so well.

Last week someone was asking about a good guitar forum over on Mandolin Cafe, which is where I've taken refuge. I suggested HC seems to have finally fixed their forum and the response was that they tried it back in the day but found the place to be so hostile they didn't want to come back. I suggested that the one good thing about the mess HC made was the the trouble-makers are probably long gone now, so we'll see.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 2:26 AM, Verne Andru said:

Not surprising. They drove everybody away what, 10 years ago? I hope someone has been documenting what management did because it should go down in history as the definitive example of how to purposefully destroy the most vibrant forum on the internet. Goodness, you could do a university program around it, it was done so well.

Last week someone was asking about a good guitar forum over on Mandolin Cafe, which is where I've taken refuge. I suggested HC seems to have finally fixed their forum and the response was that they tried it back in the day but found the place to be so hostile they didn't want to come back. I suggested that the one good thing about the mess HC made was the the trouble-makers are probably long gone now, so we'll see.

I don't think it was hostile as such, but did require users to learn the netiqette first. Once upon a time people would do that, but come the age of cheap computers and bacefook lots of the ordinary public were starting to use it, and they weren't interested in having adult conversations. The thing that probably made HC relatively less attractive was that it stopped being the wild frontier, all new and exciting, and became just another cafe with children running around.

Back OT - Cheap guitars, I've had a few. Still sometimes use a bolt-neck First Act singlecut for an occasional electric slide gig. Cost me £35/$40.

Edited by Ancient Mariner

everyone has their own perception, eh?    lol... i read through several pages and didnt see any Fresher guitars?   a friend pulled it out of a dumpster and gave it to me as a joke... 

I've kept up the cheap git tradition. Still have my cheap First Act Sheena, Frankenstrat, etc. Added a couple Les Paul PeeWee's in the mix - first was $70 and the Zack Wylde was $99 (even came with the mini Marshall amp).

Pics of the PeeWees and some of my other cheap gits.

PeeWees.jpg

Group-Shot.jpg