DCinDC's cheap git club - The Haven

dcindc

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mark, do you remember what you paid for this Raven West Tele?

Did you leave it stock, or have you modded?

BK, I'm looking to see if I still have a receipt for that axe but if you know me you know I didn't pay a lot for it, and you know me.

That thing is dead stock and will probably stay that way. Of all my guitar there's only three I gig with stock, the two Gibbies and that Tele copy. Best of all, the new Peavey halfstack I just got really works great with P90's. That guitar smokes through it!

• Members

BK, I'm looking to see if I still have a receipt for that axe but if you know me you know I didn't pay a lot for it, and you know me.

That thing is dead stock and will probably stay that way. Of all my guitar there's only three I gig with stock, the two Gibbies and that Tele copy. Best of all, the new Peavey halfstack I just got really works great with P90's. That guitar smokes through it!

Outstanding! Don't bother looking the price up, didn't want to put you to any trouble. I was vaguely recalling they were quite affordable.

• Members
More cheapies:

Kramer NightRider - it's LP sized with a 25.5" scale 6 on a side set neck

NRNEW.jpg

I had one of those- amber fade with the floyd on it. I've learned a lot about setup since then and if I still had it, I'd adjust correctly and keep. Had pull-taps on bridge and neck, if I remember right... But it's gone.

I don't know how I missed this thread. Here's my contribution to keeping cheap guitars cheap.
MusicYo Kramer Striker 4-2-2 with stop tail, was probably 185-200 new Headstock in the middle there:
P2019289.jpg

Music Yo Kramer Focus 2-1-1 with replaced neck (mighty-mite, ebony board, 9.5 radius), GFS Boston Blues, mint green pick guard and planet waves locking/trimming tuners. 75 + + + + = $350, but now it's decent. We learn:
Hamer-8.jpg

Ibanez Roadstar 2 rs135 with maple 1 piece neck ftw! Their cheapest model, but a good strat clone. 195 delivered in great condition with a decent gig bag:
P2019275.jpg

Xaviere XV-800 Amber burst. Love the color, love the pups, fighting the neck since day one. Considering a replacement neck in more traditional tele radius and vintage frets. I learned a lot about guitars from this one, especially with the traditional tele difference between bridge, neck, and both together. The tone and volume pots have a good sweep to them as well. $180. Photo was during a fret leveling that frankly didn't help much.
IMG_4281.jpg

Bang for the buck champion: Neslonic Starliner Series LP copy. Sure, it's got a bolt on neck, (??) but that aside, it's a quality guitar. Fit and finish to put Epiphones to shame. I paid $149 plus tax used. Turns out they were $149 when new back at the turn of the millenium. I've been scouring for two years and have seen only 2 others come up. Impressive:
PB241084.jpg

And my new number one, whose honeymoon has lasted since christmas, which might be on the edge of this thread's qualification list, a Hamer XT Goldtop P90. This was delivered just before christmas, express, with a TKL hardshell case for $300 even. Chinese, but proudly carrying the Hamer tradition- fantastic fit and finish, thick neck (which I find myself loving), good tuners, great fretwork and playability, lightest guitar I have (even among the strats and teles), mahogany, maple cap, mahogany neck. It might be chambered- almost has to be it's so light. And of course P90s ftw. Are they the greatest P90s? Naw, they're Hamer branded, who knows what. But they'll get swapped for the real deal at some point. Still learning what P90s can do and enjoying every minute of it. Here's my boy Jack striking a pose with it that reminds me of American Gothic:
P2019282.jpg
americangothic.jpg

• Members

Burgess, a peavey halfstack??? please do tell. :wave:

• Members

Thanks for the link, Burgess. I was just curious what guitar that is. I don't know why, but certain shades of orange really appeal to me. The gradients on that guitar are pure sex.

Muddslide, no worries! I really appreciate your looking too. You're always really helpful to me! A friend PMd me earlier with an offer I couldn't refuse - a FREE guitar. I talked him into letting me at least pay for shipping. It's a pretty cool cheapie and should make for a great carry-around guitar.

• Members

I'll get more pics of these tonight....

My favorite cheapy- ibanez Gio GSA20- I've got two, trying not to buy a third from a student. Each one was around $100. The pic here is one I had custom painted and added a floyd to.....

sunny2.jpg

others-
90 korean squier II
Oscar Scmidt hollowbody (the big one, not the 335)
Jay Turser AcEl Dobro
Yakima 335 copy, set neck, MIJ
EH Les Paul, set neck, MIJ- $150
OLP MM-1 (2- one is stock, the other upgraded to Floyd)
OLP MM-4 (silohette copy, HSS)
Washburn BT-10F- ebay $84 shipped.....

• Members
I'll get more pics of these tonight....

My favorite cheapy- ibanez Gio GSA20- I've got two, trying not to buy a third from a student. Each one was around $100. The pic here is one I had custom painted and added a floyd to.....

sunny2.jpg

Whoa - that is one Bad Ass guitar! :thu:

• Members

I wanted to post updated pics of my SX Ash Tele and Strat. These were recently refinished and completely upgraded with new nuts, electronics, steel saddles, GFS pickups, GFS string trees, and Wilk EZ lock tuners on the strat. I leveled and polished the frets on both as well.

I have about $200 in each of these and they are amazing.

Ash Strat

SXVWAsh-Main.jpg

SXAshVWBack.jpg

Ash Tele

FullView.jpg

Back.jpg

Squier '51- An old friend that I stupidly sold last year.

Blackie.jpg

Headstock.jpg

Another old friend that I sold off.

XV-650-2.jpg

All of these are GREAT guitars- not "for the money". Just plain great.

Lou

Archived