Need a wireless recommendation

SteinbergerHack

• Members

I need to purchase 2 new wireless systems for a vocal headset and my guitar. Application is musical theater - I'll be playing part of the guitar score from stage while acting. I'm looking for input from anyone who has experience using a guitar wireless in an application where there are a LOT of other signals flying around - other headset mics, the crew/director headsets, other instruments, etc. The key requirement is to operate without either creating or being susceptible to interference and/or crosstalk.

Any ideas?

• Members

I don't think that you can wrong with a Shure system. I have a PGX1 that has performed flawlessly, even a quater mile from a radio broadcast tower. I just turn it on and let it scan for a clear channel, then forget about it. I had a Carvin and another cheapie that I had a lot of trouble with around neon lights and playing close to the radio stations.

• Members

The X2 I had would drop out from 10 feet away with a clear line of sight. The G50 is a lot better. I'd take this question to the live sound forum since you're asking about a headset mic too.

Thanks - I cross-posted this question.

I'm going to a try a Sennheiser G3 tonight and see how it works (one was available locally). If that doesn't do it, I'll order a digital unit and see if it's any better.

Archived