• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Summer Breeze!

I use these on all my guitars!

9200.jpg

Reminds me of the cowboy guy in the Village people. :thu:

I tend to use just the cheap nylon webbing ones so I can put pins on them - and they're cheap. I might go back to a quality leather for a couple of guitars, though, as even the standard 2 1/2" leather straps seem to offer a bit better weight distribution than the nylon. The 4" wide straps are great for heavy guitars and basses, though IMHO they look a little stupid. I wish someone would do one in 3"...

Edited to add:

I'm currently looking for a decent leather strap for my MIS Strat.... the bugger of it is that it came with the buttons for Schaller Strap locks - so I bought a set way back. Thing is, the threads on those are so short that only the really cheap Strap that i got with the guitar will actuall fit them - anything with more than a single thickness of leather on the end, it seems, is too thick for them to screw onto. That's a serious PITA, especially as on other guitars I use those cheap plastic disc Jim Dunlop "strap loks", and they work just as well - better, in fact, as I wouldn't be afraid of a spring ever going in those and the guitar dropping off. But for the fact that I'm determined to keep this Strat all-original, I would switch out the buttons for something more traditional. I certainly won't be installg schallers on anything else in future, though.

• Members
Originally posted by eBayfreak

370095.jpg

I've got 2 o' these things and a couple other different straps as well. I really like these though with the little plastic dealies on 'em. Real easy to swap straps around but they stay on well.

Simple enough.

• Members

I have a black Planet Waves strap I found at a show on my tele. I don't like it very much. The clips are weird and kinda slip every now and then. I have an old black strap on my Ibanez with straplocks. I'll probably put some straplocks on the tele with a different strap in the future.

EDIT: I don't like flashy straps.

Archived