TRS PRO Floyd!!

KightTemplar

• Members

Hi guys

In a few months I may be getting myself a new axe. There's a place a couple of hours away that carries an old stock Yamaha RGX from mid-late 90s, which has a TRS Pro Floyd trem. Is the TRS Pro any good? I am not interested in the Vai-esque whammy acrobatics, I'd rather embelish and phrase a line like Jeff Beck. (think "Where Were You")

• Members

well as far as I can tell the 921 and 912 sport RM Pro, which are somewhat different with the TRS Pros. But hopefully with Yamaha's usual great quality the TRS will do well.

I appreciate more inputs from you guys!

The locking trems on the 900 series Pacifica's are the RM Pro II which is a tweaked licensed Floyd Rose design. The RM Pro was a Yamaha proprietary design that pivoted on roller bearings. This bridge was on some of the late 80's RGX and SE series guitars. Though a recently I saw a photo of an Image Deluxe with RM Pro and the Image Custom had a non-locking variation of the bridge.

• Members

Thanks. You mean that it will be kinda worn out after a while?

Alway done that to my trem arms, new and old. It allows screw-in arms to have a wide range (at least 360 degrees) of positions where you can put the arm and it stays put, rather than dangling freely. It also removes all play in the arm when the bar isn't screwed in as far as it will possibly go.

Archived