Spin-off: Best Intro to the worst song

BA.Barcolounger

• Members

Green Grass & High Tides by The Outlaws. Aimed to be a Skynyrd killer, it's got one of the best intros ever to a Southern Rock tune - fantastic - but then it mellows - degrades into pure pablum at 1:57 :( I mean, it just kills the high. But then it puts some real nice tasty riffs in there. To be fair, it's not a "worst song" by any means, but if they'd left the lame "Green Grass & High Tides Forever" refrain out of it, it would have been so much better. Does it again at 4:58. Man just someone do a re-cut on this tune. The extended Skynyrd-esque solo doesn't quite bring it home either. I just kinda says, "here's us doing that Skynyrd thing".

But I still bought the CD not that long ago cuz I like this kinda {censored}. :D

[video=youtube;R82OM5tzcrk]

Hey! Whut? It's over. It's over? Yeah, you can go home now. Okay.

• Members

Awww, dammit! There are exactly two in my head that would fit this perfectly - but I can't think of the titles or who does 'em...I wanna say one's a Pretenders tune, and the other's maybe from the 60s. Both have killer opening riffs, then "pfffffffffttttt" - instant shrinkage.

Damn - it's gonna drive me nuts :(

Archived