VOX AC15 Vs. Fender Princeton Reverb!

DaveGrima

• Members

Yes but I recently learned the AC15 combo is made of particle board or something. Is this what I should expect in this price range? I dont know how it effects the sound but MDF amps just "feel" cheap to me. Whats the Princeton made of?

Maybe I should make a new thread. Im looking to get a new
combo
amp for home use. ALL tube. Cosmetically pleasing. No more than 15-20 watts. With a nice clean tone that takes pedals well but also has some kind of built in overdrive channel. As many built in good sounding effects as possible but
must at least have reverb
. Price range is upwards of about $1200 or so. Thanks for any suggestions you might have. Like I said I play mostly bluesy classic rock type stuff so I dont need any brootalz bull{censored}. Thanks.
:cool:

I would get the Valvetech Hayseed 15. It's right near your price range, and they are handbuilt in the good old USA.

$1499 for the Hayseed 30 1 12 with weber ceramic blues ( - $200 for hayseed 15) So about $1300 for the 15 watt version.

http://www.valvetechamps.com/theamp.htm

• Members

I would get the Valvetech Hayseed 15. It's right near your price range, and they are handbuilt in the good old USA.

$1499 for the Hayseed 30 1 12 with weber ceramic blues (
- $200 for hayseed 15
) So about $1300 for the 15 watt version.

I can't argue with this logic as the proud owner of a Hayseed 30. Though it doesn't have a built in overdrive channel, it does have 2 channels which you can fool around with an ABY switch to get different levels of preamp drive. Build quality is top notch. You can get on the phone with the guy who builds it. You can customize the appearance. Last I knew, there was a pretty good wait list though.

Archived