Most beautiful songs(s)/album(s) you've ever heard

2pacHendrix

• Members

Hello HC

I was just wondering which songs you think are brilliant/beautiful tracks. Post songs that have made you cry, smile, help you out through rough times, reflect or made you feel anything else simply because of how well done the song was. I know music evokes emotion in all of us and no one's musical taste will be the same, but I want this thread to be about songs that have an emotional connection to the listener. Feel free to post the songs your ears have been blessed with hearing over the years.

Please excuse my rambling, here are some of my favorites:

Little Wing- Jimi. The solo creates butterfiles in my stomach everytime.

Black- Pearl Jam

Blowin' in the Wind- Bob Dylan

Angel in the Snow- Elliott Smith

Seconds Away- Glue

Veneer (album)- Jose Gonzalez

Man on the Moon- Kid Cudi

Sigh No More (album)- Mumford and Sons

Fake Empire- The National

Basically every Nujabes song.

-lIZe8unpuc

More random ones:

RBPO9Kun_9A

8ktXyidDI8A

cdrCalO5BDs

Fell free to post and discuss some of your favorite tracks.

Peace

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Moon Flower by Santana..

Europa..

thats the first thing that comes to mind,

but Awakening by YES

also is on the list

Come into the House Of the Lord

Santan and John Mclauglin

Rivera by SRV is on the list

Naked Eye.. The Who.

• Members

I am working my way through Burn's civil war now, that ashokan farewell song is awesome.

For me, it's Santana's "Incident at Neshabur" , especially the long guitar cry that introduces the slow part.

I play fiddle and violin today BECAUSE of that song.

• Members

I have always had a soft spot for the Brian Wilson/Beach Boys song from Pet Sounds called "Let's Go away For Awhile", not to mention "God Only Knows". Heck, I pretty much have a soft spot for all Brian Wilson/Beach Boys tunes. It is funny, somehow they turned me on to Steely Dan who in turn turned me on to jazz, to where I am now back in the world of 60's pop lol. I guess that I am well rounded.

• Members

Two unconventional choices for a guitar forum, but see if you like them...

from the compter game Civilization IV

I tried to find these without the video, because in both cases I find different meaning in the music than what is portrayed in the videos, so try them with your eyes closed first.

• Members

Brazilian/Latin tunes have the prettiest melodies.

Poinciana (Song of the Tree) - Nat Simon, Buddy Bernier

Wave - Antonio Carlos Jobim

Europa (Earth's Cry, Heaven's Smile) - Tom Coster/Carlos Santana

Angela (Theme from Taxi) - Bob James

Manha de Carnaval, Cast Your fate to the Wind - Vince Guaraldi

• Members

I have always had a soft spot for the Brian Wilson/Beach Boys song from Pet Sounds called "Let's Go away For Awhile", not to mention "God Only Knows". Heck, i pretty much have a soft spot for all Brian Wilson/Beach Boys tunes. It is funny, somehow they turned me on to Steely Dan who in turn turned me on to jazz to where I am now back in the world of 60's pop lol.

I'll go with "Caroline No" and "'Til I Die".

• Members

I have always had a soft spot for the Brian Wilson/Beach Boys song from Pet Sounds called "Let's Go away For Awhile", not to mention "God Only Knows". Heck, I pretty much have a soft spot for all Brian Wilson/Beach Boys tunes. It is funny, somehow they turned me on to Steely Dan who in turn turned me on to jazz, to where I am now back in the world of 60's pop lol. I guess that I am well rounded.

I'd think the entire Smile album deserves mention here, honestly. So revolutionary and so outstandingly gorgeous.....if only it had indeed been released back in '67.....

• Members

I personally believe that had Smile been released, the BBoys would have been were the Beatles ended up (especially in terms of studio wizardry) and Brian probably wouldn't have cracked up. Such a pity, but everything happens for a reason I guess. besides, there appears to be more bands, especially a bunch of really killer indie bands, who are inspired quite heavily by Brian and the boys (naming him/them their number one inspiration) more so than at any other time I can remember. (The Heavy Blinkers being my favorite of the bunch). I think He is finally getting his due.

I cannot wait for the release of "Brian Wilson Reimagines Gershwin". That should be amazing.

I'd think the entire Smile album deserves mention here, honestly. So revolutionary and so outstandingly gorgeous.....if only it had indeed been released back in '67.....

Archived