My man cave progress.. with pics!

maltomario

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Are you doing all of this by yourself in your spare time? I think it looks great. I especially like the Flintstones bar.

Thanks Doc.. Figured you'd dig the stone, being a caveman and all.. =)

yep. all work done myself.. which is good and bad - good because I'm saving lots of money and know exactly what is being done every step of the way, bad because I don't have much free time to begin with and its a 4yr+ project at this point.. and its still damn expensive for supplies. .but this past 18months I made considerable progress.. hope to wrap it up by end of this year!

I'm going to have pro's measure/install the granite countertop. I don't want to make a $3000 mistake by mis-measuring a dimension.. thats the only part that makes me nervous about this project.

• Members

that is freakin' amazing, Mario. you have skills, both on and off the guitar. thank you for sharing all of this!

Thanks Ben! I've been keeping a photo journal over the years.. kinda nice to look back and see the transformation. I'm almost in the home stretch (just cabinets/countertop, tile floor in bar area, drop ceiling, carpet/trim and then I'm ready to tackle the bathroom..

ok on second thought I guess I still have quite a bit left to do..

• Members

Great work maltomario. It's great you can do all that yourself. Saves a lot. But like you say it takes a long time if you are doing it in your spare time. That's one reason I pay for that kind of project. I don't think my wife would be happy with the bathroom in pieces for a year :D.

• 2 weeks later...