Which Band Sucks Least?

MyNameIsMok...

• Members

That era of Crue was not even close to their best. Shout At The Devil was their best work.

And Metallica....jeez...where to begin. Master of Puppets is about all I can tolerate from them. That album was a masterpiece, imo, but most of the rest of their stuff was just meh....and some of it downright sucked.

• Members

I guess I am a freakin oddball here..... I thought old Metallica and later Metallica sucked ass..... Only could tolerate the Black Album & Load......but REALLY hate the 1st 3 albums .....yeah, yeah....I know that is sacrilegious to most....but I hated Kill em', Lightning, and Puppets..... BAD.

With Crue..... I like most of the hits and pretty much the whole Dr. Feelgood album.

So I am Motley Crue > Metallica

.....as far as Spoooooon mannnn...... that was the weakest song on Superunknown.... Black Days, Black Hole Sun and My wave off the same LP are all solid.

• Members

You actually thought Motley Crue peaked with Girls, Girls, Girls? :idk:

Too Fast For Love and Shout At The Devil, man... :thu:

Having said that, if the only options were Metallica circa Load/Reload/St Anger or Motley Crue circa Theater of Pain/Dr Feelgood, I'd probably stick with the memory of music in my head.

:lol:

• Members

You actually thought Motley Crue peaked with Girls, Girls, Girls?
:idk:

Too Fast For Love and Shout At The Devil, man...
:thu:

Let's put it like this...after Girls, Girls, Girls...Crue became unlistenable so I couldn't tell you much more. I blacked out. My mind went blank. Probably some kind of post-traumatic failsafe. The band was a sucky lipstick L.A. Metal band before that, so it's not like Home Sweet Home was a downgrade. In fact, it was one of their better albums production/songwriting/performance wise. I think Bob Rock is to blame for the peak/demise of both groups ironically...

Same with Metallica. In my mind, they just broke up after the Black Album and stopped making records. Right?

Spoons are starting to sound pretty good right about now.

• Members

In a certain mood, Crue on the radio makes me happy. I am not capable of a state of mind that can enjoy the bad Metallica.

This is sort of what inspired the thread. Also, my band could play a Crue cover (even tounge- in- cheek...edit: ONLY tounge-in-cheek) and not miss a beat. I think the only Metallica song I've ever played and was taken seriously was Battery.