What thoughts come to your head looking at Rolling Stone mags top 100 guitarist list?

Dr. Scottie C

• Members

Should have made the list:

Brad Paisley

Brent Mason

David Grissom

Johnny Hiland

Redd Volkaert

Steve Morse

Dann Huff

Arlen Roth

Dean Parks

Sonny Landreth

Leo Kottke

Michael Hedges

Roy Clark

Glenn Campbell

John Jorgensen

Will Wray

Louie Sheldon

Tommy Tedesco

WHile all these folks are amazingly talented.....I can see why they aren't on most lists......why? for influence........EVH alone has more influence in one of his signature trademarks: ie: locking trem, D tuna, two hand tapping brought to the masses, etc... then all of these players have combined.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
... then all of these players have combined.

C'mon, Scottie. I love VH (I was 17 when the first record came out), but that's a bit of hyperbole, yes? Find the trailer for the doc made about the Wrecking Crew, which included Tedesco and Campbell from the above list. Those guys played on everything that came out of SoCal in the 60's. LOTS of influence there, nevermind the rest of those guys.

• Members

This is the piece of {censored} list from 2003 that had me so twisted I wrote into a magazine for the only time in my life. Jann Wenner and his mentally challenged staff of so called rock journalist who probably could not even tune a guitar let alone play one, came up with this mind {censored}. Lets see just for starters #85 Randy Rhoades, #70 Vanhalen,# 63 Danny Gatton and then we have #17 Jack White, #16 Johnny Ramone and #12 Kurt Cobain -what is not right with this picture. Imagine Ramone, White and Cobain standing on stage with {censored}ing Gatton.

After they got torched for this list they did a new one this year which included pro players on the panel and is totally different, but not worth my time to print.Rolling Stone is a joke and the reason why Madonna, Grand Master Flash, ABBA and Run DMC are in the R&R Hall of Fame.

• Members

Put it this way: these are the same clowns who run the RnRHoF, which STILL doesn't include KISS, but does include ABBA and Laura Nyro. Case closed.

Talk about opposite ends of an issue. With all the due respect I can muster, that pre-teen manufactured nonsense like Abba & Kiss should be considered in the same breath as such an influential, unique artist as Laura Nyro is beyond nonsense.