Most OVERRATED/OVERPRICED Piece of Gear Out There Right Now?

steve_man

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Has anyone played any of the 1 watt Marshalls that didn't go to NAMM?

How can you possibly find it to be overrated if you haven't played it yet?
:idk:

Whoa, hold on there, this forum isn't for saying things that make sense, it's for blind accusations, blanket statements, and general bitching. You take your common sense elsewhere, sir.

• Members

^^ The Gibson capacitor is a fine candidate for this award. I also saw an acoustic strap from them that was selling for 130 bucks on amazon.
:freak:

Luckily, the acoustic doesn't need capacitors.

WRONG, you noob!

Those fake Bumblebee caps are SOOOO good, just dropping them in the soundhole of a D28 will increase its toanz at least 400%.

:lol:

• Members
I have never played a Dragons PRS - but I know they are overpriced. Which is what he said about the Marshall

Right on... and I'm probably wrong. I mean, it's not like there are more people looking for the Marshall tone available at bedroom levels at a reasonably affordable price than people looking for $15,000+ gaudy guitars that would be embarrassing to play in public.

:thu:

Oh wait... did you really just compare a 1W Marshall to a PRS Dragon? :freak:

• Members

I know it is not going to be popular, but the first thing I thought of was a lot of the "boo-teek" pedals, especially Tube Screamer-alikes, but pretty much anything hand-painted:poke:

Any guitar where you pay a crazy premium for non-functional parts (pretty wood, binding around body and headstock, fancy inlays).

Most (but not all) signature guitars, especially when they are 90%+ the same as regular production guitars.

Any guitar where you pay a premium for someone to beat it up and make it look old, or even worse, beat up like a famous guitar.

The worst for me: The Fender Custom Shop SRV replicas of Blackie, SRV #1 and Lenny, EVH's Frankenstrat, etc. at 20K+...

• Members
My observation on that one would fall into the "overpriced" category....

I hear ya... and my opinion isn't any more or less valid than yours, but how much is an all tube Marshall amp? They sell many of them, right? A decent number of those purchases likely end up with an 'I love the sound, but I wish I could get it at a much lower volume'.

I dunno... I'm probably wrong though.

I'm not being defensive though... I have zero interest in them and have zero interest in the Class 5. I prefer getting my Marshall tones with a pedal through an amp that has great cleans.

:lol: