EVH vid, 2-8-12

benzem

• Members

I'm really glad to see the guys out doing it. They don't have to change the world again for me. This could be the beginning to a somewhat happy ending for them.

I hope that they have become wiser and can make the most of their privileged position, maybe even a second or third 'reunion' tour before they really retire and become a Las Vegas act.

Why root against them? They did change the world. Personally, I'm very thankful they showed up on the last half of disco days. Van Halen could not be ignored. Without even targeting disco they thrashed it without mercy. If they can coast on momentum from that, good for them. If you don't like it, don't buy the product. No point in campaigning against them, at least IMHO.

• Members

I'm really glad to see the guys out doing it. They don't have to change the world again for me. This could be the beginning to a somewhat happy ending for them.

I hope that they have become wiser and can make the most of their privileged position, maybe even a second or third 'reunion' tour before they really retire and become a Las Vegas act.

Why root against them? They did change the world. Personally, I'm very thankful they showed up on the last half of disco days. Van Halen could not be ignored. Without even targeting disco they thrashed it without mercy. If they can coast on momentum from that, good for them. If you don't like it, don't buy the product. No point in campaigning against them, at least IMHO.

good post......

but don't forget...even van halen was "dancing the night away".....

• Members

Eddie does what he does, and he does it well. He isn't going to change, people want old school Van Halen and they're getting it. Their days of trying to win new fans are long gone, they're out there pleasing the old ones which is good to see. They're not trying to reinvent themselves every album like some other bands while their fans cry out for what made them popular.

• Members

Ya know, he looks healthy, he sounds good, and he looks like he's having fun. If you had asked me five or six years ago I woulda' said he'd be dead by now. Good for him.

Yeah, I didn't dig everything in that solo. But parts of it I thought were amazing. Like I said, good for him.

Yep, good for him. He's playing and looking great.

• Members

Eddie does what he does, and he does it well. He isn't going to change, people want old school Van Halen and they're getting it. Their days of trying to win new fans are long gone, they're out there pleasing the old ones which is good to see. They're not trying to reinvent themselves every album like some other bands while their fans cry out for what made them popular.

Well said my good man...well said.