Vantage Guitars

Roy

• Members

I know it's an old thread but... your Vantage is a VS650

I have a 600 which I love.

1938e85d.jpg

More info here
http://www.matsumoku.org/models/vantage/vs/vs.html

My first guitar was the same series, but 2V2T control arrangement. This was around 1985 and I got it used at a skeezy used guitar store. Played the hell out of it in my hardcore punk band for a few years. I bought the thick blue tortex picks and would actually wear the playing surface down so much they'd become almost circular.

It played great---super fast neck. But the pickups weren't that good for what I was doing, and the overall tone of the instrument was kinda 'dead'. I did notice that playing SoCal hardcore on a guitar that looked kinda like Jerry Garcia's was a little lame, but I didn't care---I was also taking jazz lessons so this worked for both.

My rig at that time was this Vantage > DOD "American Metal" pedal (always on baby, at least for punk rock) > MusicMan head (SS front end, 2x6L6 power amp) >a 2x12 slant cab. Oh yeah.

Even through that fine rig, I knew I needed to graduate to a better guitar.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

I HAVE A 635 TG FROM 1993 - IT IS 10 TIMES WHAT THESE NEW GUITARS ARE NOW. IT IS SOLID IN EVERY DETAIL. I AM ASKING THE SAME PRICE AS THE NEW EPIPHONES BECAUSE THEY ARE WORTH THE MONEY. ANYTHING NEW THESE DAYS IS CRAP - THROWN TOGETHER AND POOR PARTS/SETUP.

Archived