Sign in to follow this  
MikeRivers

Cymatic LR-16 Review Posted

I've had a Cymatic LR-16 to play with for the past couple of months and have posted a review on my web site. This is a device for people like me who have occasion to make a multitrack recording of a live show (small groups - it's a 16-channel device) and would rather not fuss with a computer along with all the other baggage. It's a small box that connects to a mixer via the standard cheap TRS Insert send/return jacks and records a WAV file per channel to an external USB drive. It can also connect to a computer and serve as a 16-in by 2-out audio interface.

It sounds pretty good and doesn't crash. I thought it was a good effort for the first product from a new company.

See my Product Reviews page to download the PDF review. It's pretty long and detailed.

If anyone's still interested, I got a beta firmware update (not the real one yet - no predicted release date) that fixed the problem with 96 kHz sample rate. When they get that firmware released, it'll work fine at 96 kHz as a computer interface.

500 bucks? That's impressive. JoCo's BlackBox is a 24 track recorder, unbablanced. That's 2500 bucks. The Cymatic looks like a great deal.