Vintage Style Single-Coil Strat Pickup?

dunning-kruger

• Members

So my new Classic Series 50's has these installed in them.

I google and all i find is seymour duncan links

What are they? i really like them and dont plan on changing them out ever, there that good, i really dig them. maybe one day but there really sweet and have juicy mids all over.

are they seymour duncans or whats up with these mystery pickups.

this is what the fender site says.......

Bridge Pickup: Vintage Style Single-Coil Strat

• Members

Well i got this you geese is as good as mine.

Custom Shop 54

oK40inqJ0kaVqT2wcp8o4r-sjSwnqZVnArWreEsr

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=fender+pickups&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=14836211480071486169&sa=X&ei=shNDT4bSCcmuiQLGh9yGAQ&ved=0CKQBEPMCMAg

or this

Custom Shop 69

VeGQkrwwX_FjkDTOHbP82JP4IPvB72a-Snvhnabv

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=fender+pickups&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=7228065668643641751&sa=X&ei=shNDT4bSCcmuiQLGh9yGAQ&ved=0CHwQ8wIwAg

what do you all think?

There both alnico Vs. Never had a strat with alnico V, all ceremaics before this one. No wonder shes so quacky.

• Members

^^ you get hum canceling in 2,4.

You can touch a small magnet to the poll pieces. Two pickups will pull one will push. If there all the same like CS69s they will all be the same, pull or push.

your right there not CS69 cause the i know for a fact that Classic Players use CS69 and are advertised as so, and my pickups use vintage style single coil strat pickups according to the fender website.

So what are these?

• Members

yeah ill just end up doing that.

but the whole aged white covers and DC resistense Clears out with other info ive read, and from what i can see. It seems you were right and these are 57/62!

but ill still email fender and see what they have to say about these Vintage Style Single Coil Strat Pickups and settle this {censored} once and for all.

• Members

I would say they are modeled after the 57/62 set...
:o

I had two pickups that were supposedly out of a 50s Classic Series strat though I can't confirm that they were.

I'd say they were pretty similar to the 57/62 set. Closer to those than the 54s for sure.

They are definitely are NOT CS54s, 57/62s, Fat 50s or any 'branded' or 'named' Fender pickups. They are wound either by Fender of for Fender to be vintagey sounding on a budget, patterned after the 57/62s.

These are all very decent sounding pickups and certainly better than the stock pickups in any MIM Standard I've ever played.

If you want distinctly better pickups, you're gonna have to pay. :lol:

• Members

I had two pickups that were supposedly out of a 50s Classic Series strat though I can't confirm that they were.

I'd say they were pretty similar to the 57/62 set. Closer to those than the 54s for sure.

They are definitely are NOT CS54s, 57/62s, Fat 50s or any 'branded' or 'named' Fender pickups. They are wound either by Fender of for Fender to be vintagey sounding on a budget, patterned after the 57/62s.

These are all very decent sounding pickups and certainly better than the stock pickups in any MIM Standard I've ever played.

If you want distinctly better pickups, you're gonna have to pay.
:lol:

I agree.

Before this i believed Fender Texas Specials to be THE' single coil pick not owning alot of strats. never really liking noiseless or american standard pickups, to bland and refined for my taste.

but these just call out to me, they still have that Texas Special boosted mid range thing, but are more quacky and chimey. I really like them better than texas specials

How did you like your set of pickups when you got them? where they alnico?

• Members

In my experience, there are lots of great strat pickups out there. I'm a long time strat owner and I've owned a lot of great sets and have played many more. I know it's faux internet badassery to insist on one particular set completely blowing all the others away. I certainly have my preferences, but I've don't think I've ever owned a set of name brand (including GFS and Rose) Alnico strat pickups that were not noiseless that I think sounded bad. At least none that I can think of off the top of my head.

Some are more vintage sounding, some are hotter and Texas/SRV sounding... even of the vintage voiced ones, some have a brighter top end while some are more dry sounding. Bottom line, I have my preference but, through a good amp, I've not owned many that I couldn't make sound great. It's when you compare them back to back in similar guitars that the differences really make themselves more apparent.

To me, the biggest difference is how they sound on the #2 and #4 positions. Some just work together in very inspiring ways. I used to think it had something to do with which ones were RW/RP and which ones were not. I think that might be slightly true, but I think the lower output pickups are the ones that really excel at those #2 and #4 positions.

• Members

that makes alot of sense to me when you talk about those two positions.

I noticed that on my MIK squire when i swaped bodies on it. The original had tons of quack and chime, but when i switched out the body and put in "better pickups" the quack and chime where gone.

I was like WTF these are Seymour duncan hotrails and Fender Ceramics, why dont they sound better? The way you explain it clears it up for me now.

everything else prety much sounded roughly the same as any strat should sound. but the pickups where the main determining factor in the positions you mentioned.

2 and 4!

I think 2 is where i find out what a guitar has to offer in terms of "QUACK" or other qualities but mainly "quack" and the 4 position is hard to describe. but those two like you put it do "work together in very inspiring ways" : )

i like this current set up and i dont plan on changing it anytime soon.

Its funny when i first tried it, those are the two positions i checked to see wether i felt it was a good guitar or not. to see if it had that quack and chime essentially and it did.

Sometimes they do well, other times there dissapointments, but these ones were BANGING!

But if i ever did change the pickups, im going to put the ones from my MIK squier, there ceramic, and i really liked them. The guitar is gone, but i have the body and the pickups with the pickguard. If i ever get tired of these, ill put in those MIK Squier Ceramics one day.

All the other fender pickups ive tried i dont really much dig aside from the Texas Specials. These ones tough have something the Texas Specials dont have, and thats that chime and quack at my fingertips at all times!

Archived