How has this forum affected your musical tastes?

Nsomniac

• Members

I like the pixies now.

God damn it! I like the Pixies even more now than I did then, because we need them more than we needed them back then.

What we need is whoever the young morons of today get that old dipshits like me don't get, who will be the next[ Pixies. Because when my antique ass can listen to that song and think, "I haven't head a song that good in 20 years", rock and roll is in a sad, sad state.

• Members

God damn it! I like the Pixies even more now than I did then, because we need them more than we needed them back then.

What we need is whoever the young morons of today
get
that old dipshits like me don't get, who will be the
next[
Pixies. Because when my antique ass can listen to that song and think, "I haven't head a song that good in 20 years",
rock and roll is in a sad, sad state

For the most part, I'd agree. Luckily, there's still a few good classics continuing to release new albums and perform new shows. Just last year, I saw Alice Cooper in Bristol. First time seeing him since Wembley Arena in '07. It was absolutely fantastic. Just after that, saw Def Leppard co-headline with Motley Crue, which was awesome. The main support was Steel Panther, which was less awesome.

For rock and roll these days, the good stuff is coming mostly from Sweden in the form of Crashdiet, who moved from a pretty Motley Crue style to their own brand of melodic hard rock in just three albums. Even had Mick Mars doing guitars, writing and production on the second album. Crazy Lixx are much the same, except for two albums now they've kept that Crue sound going. They're okay, but of the two... Crashdiet seem more focussed and unique.