The Official Beck and Ani Moonlight Thread:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Beck and Ani:

Do you have lots of this art around your homes?

Ken,

I actually do have these two prints by Pierre Auguste Cot framed and hanging on my bedroom walls accompanied by candle burning sconces beside them to illuminate the art with candlelight during the night whenever the mood strikes.

pierre-auguste-cot-le-printemps.jpgpierre-auguste-cot-storm.jpg

Prior to buying these pieces of art, I have in the past owned several other romantic pieces of art... It's who I am.

I had a huge collection of Ty Wilson prints at one time. They were more contemporary, but still romantic.

Here are some of the pieces I had...

Date.jpg
1775_20.JPG
secrets_giclee.jpg
stroll.jpg
promenade.jpg

I also had three black art figurine lamps (nudes) and a black art figurine centerpiece of two lovers entwined in a kiss.

I caught too much flack for my taste in art by my family and pulled them from my decor to keep from giving the "wrong impression" to my children, who were very young at the time.

• Members

I really like these.

Thanks, so do/did I. I had a lot of money tied up in them as well, because I had them all dry mounted and custom framed. However, the grief that I was getting from my family about sending the wrong message to my children was not worth the headaches. For the life of me, I don't know what is wrong with romance... there was nothing, IMO, sexual about the sketches; maybe the black art nudes in the lamps and the figurine, but not the Ty Wilson prints.

I also had an abstract trip tec painting that was primarily red on black with a bit of white/cream hues splashed into the mix that was on the main wall. To add to that; my living room suit was black leather, so my main color theme was black and red. It was not until my brother, studying the ministries, visited and told me that my home was depressing because it consisted of nothing but the colors of death and blood that I decided to get rid of the artwork that was there. After that, I could only feel the cold rigid portrait that my brother had painted whenever I looked at the wall decor and furniture.

I still like Ty Wilson's style, and those pieces of art that I used to own, but I have definitely gravitated to warmer tones of color. Thing is, I like passionate and rich colors.... deep reds (maroon, burgundy, scarlet) , deep greens (hunter, forest, sea) , deep blues (navy, cobalt, royal), dark purples, and blacks (charcoal, quartz, deep heathers).... with only accents of lighter colors mixed in.

So many people like softer and more subtle colors, such as earth tones, pastels, mints, apricots, yellows, and likewise... I feel out of my element whenever things are too laid back. I'm a high strung person; I like vibrancy surrounding me. Earth tones and pastels bore me to tears.

• Members

This is an example of the style of lamps I had. There were drop cloths on the women figures as well, but the breasts were exposed.

RC3020-2.jpg

This one is actually one that I owned, but the globe has apparently been broken (ebay listing). There is a globe, as above with the mand, that goes over the candelabra bulb.

248733487_tp.jpg

• Members

However, the grief that I was getting from my family about sending the wrong message to my children was not worth the headaches. For the life of me, I don't know what is wrong with romance... there was nothing, IMO, sexual about the sketches...

Yeah, I don't get it. I don't get any sexual thing from those pieces, but of course our parents and grandparents come from a time that was quite puritan.

I like them because I love the minimalist approach and I love dancing and flowers, so it's a win with these prints...:)

I also consider the human form to be the most beautiful art there is, so I don't perceive sculpture or art with nudity to be obscene.

I don't consider a naked woman or man obscene, either.

Our society has too many hangups and can't even appreciate boobs without some flack. ;)

• Members

I also consider the human form to be the most beautiful art there is, so I don't perceive sculpture or art with nudity to be obscene.

I don't consider a naked woman or man obscene, either.

Our society has too many hangups and can't even appreciate boobs without some flack.
;)

I agree!!!

Something else that seems to be present here in the forum; some folks can't seem to see where paintings and digital art have anything to do with music. :eek: Fine arts go hand in hand. I often find visual arts inspirational and I've written quite a few love songs over the years; not necessarily while looking at paintings or drawings, but some of my songs have been inspired from my surroundings of art.

I have a song called "Creator of Art"

Archived