Specs on a 1995 Gibson SG Special? (Pics Inside)

Hand Amputation

• Members

So, I've got a fella locally that has a 1995 SG Special that he wants to sell me. It's in 'player's condition', which I like, and it comes with a hardshell case. He's asking $525. I think he'd take $500 even.

I'm curious about the fretboard.. Is this one from back when they were a little better than the 'faded' series? What's the haps on this one? Can anyone help me out? Is it worth it?

KOWSt.jpg

6mHj4.jpg

• Members

I'm not sure. I may check it out tomorrow. I was curious about the fret board.

rosewood.

i sold mine years ago for $450 with an SKB case. $500 isn't bad today. mine was the heaviest SG i've ever played. thing must have been 9 pounds. just never got along with it.

• Members

rosewood.

i sold mine years ago for $450 with an SKB case. $500 isn't bad today. mine was the heaviest SG i've ever played. thing must have been 9 pounds. just never got along with it.

Really? That kind of weight is approaching Les Paul status!! Did it still neck dive like a mother{censored}er? Every SG I've picked up has been feather light.

One that heavy would be awesome!

• Members

Really? That kind of weight is approaching Les Paul status!! Did it still neck dive like a mother{censored}er? Every SG I've picked up has been feather light.

One that heavy would be awesome!

the neck dive wasn't so bad. it stayed level, but you'd want a leather strap anyway.

• 6 years later...
  • Members
Yeah...I get it....this is an old thread. The OP picture is an ebony board. I am looking at one myself' date=' it's also a 95 with ebony board.[/quote']

If it is otherwise in good condition - buy it.

490 r & t for me are the best stock Gibson humbuckers. Love mine.

The cleans are beautiful & can get to near acoustic transparency and sustain.

I don’t need drive, distortion or growl.

• 2 years later...

Archived