Sign in to follow this  
SONIC997

ANYONE HEARD OF QUICKSTAR PRODUCTIONS?

Quickstar MY SPACE LETTER TO ME, three minutes after declineing the offer.

CONCERNING CHILLOUT PRODUCTION(QUICKSTAR)

Jul 23, 2008 8:39 AM Subject:

This Profile No Longer Exists

Body:

The profile you received this message from has been deleted. Either this user deleted their own profile or MySpace deleted it for spamming and/or content violations.

To remove this message click the delete button below.

Thank you.

P.S. If you're seeing a lot of old messages in your inbox like this, it's because someone you know who has written you messages has been deleted. If the messages are new, it's probably a spammer that MySpace caught in the act.

:wave::wave:

I just checked and their MYSPACE PAGE is still there.

what gives here?

more scammin and hammin?

This is veddy veddy interesting... I received the same email for Rock4Life comp cd.. I have to admit, I was seriously considering it. Instead of jumping right on it though, I replied to their email (via MySpace), with questions, and when I went to see if they had replied (or read it) I see the same message:

Date: Aug 8, 2008 8:47 AM

Subject:

This Profile No Longer Exists

Body:

The profile you received this message from has been deleted. Either this user deleted their own profile or MySpace deleted it for spamming and/or content violations.

To remove this message click the delete button below.

Thank you.

P.S. If you're seeing a lot of old messages in your inbox like this, it's because someone you know who has written you messages has been deleted. If the messages are new, it's probably a spammer that MySpace caught in the act.

Taylor.. same as you - I can still click on their profile and see the myspace site... this is worrisome to me. http://www.myspace.com/QuickstarProductionsPresentsRock4Life

I since have sent an email (outside of MySpace, obviously) to Joe inquring about this. I'll let y'all know when/if I receive a reply.

It’s difficult to believe people that produce a product, would even consider paying the retailer to sell their product. It could only happen in the music business.

You play, they pay!!! It’s just that simple.

Best, John

Unfortunately that is one of the quirks of the music industry. Take for example Best Buy. They are on of the largest retailers for cd's. Distribution companies like WEA have to pay to put a cd on their shelf. And the best part of it is, this price literally doubles in the fourth quarter because of Christmas. Have you ever noticed that the fourth quarter is dominated by already well established, selling artists. You will never see a new up and coming band release their debut album in the fourth quarter. The economics are strongly against them.

My band (www.myspace.com/comadrive) had a message from them the other day. Wanted one of our tracks 'Can't Let Go' for the Rock4Life.

Course as soon as I read about the 175 bucks or (195) for us guys in the UK, I was a tad skeptical.

I checked out their website and it all seems legit. The money you actually pay is for the 50 CD's which they send you.

I'm sure some folks would be happy just to send their dosh for the privledge of being included on a compilation, especially if their song is unmastered to start with.

In our case the tracks are already mastered & I'd want to know which other bands would be placed on the CD.

I haven't decided yet if we'll part with the cash, probably not though. I really can't see us getting that much exposure. The CD on iTunes has gotten a zero rating, so noone is really buying it.

One thing is for sure, even with the backing of a label, if you want to get noticed these days, you're gonna have to work for it, do most of your own publicity, and yes even pay for certain things yourself.

When The Police were first starting out, they opted to fund a lot of the gear, travelling expenses, publicity & studio time out of their own pocket. It served them well in the long run. They refused the advance from their record company and thus started making profits very early on, with no costly repayments to the label.

I can understand being protective over your own material as an artist, but I certainly wouldn't be so naive as to send them an email stating I wished them to pay for my time and everything lol lol lol! As if!!

You're damn lucky if you can convince an A&R guy to come to one of your gigs, let alone charge him on the door haha. But good luck with that Taylor.

On 9/30/2007 at 3:36 PM, SONIC997 said:

My son received an email from "quickstar productions" in Maryland. They

said they "selected" his band for a compilation cd called "Rock4Life", and

all they have to do is "sign a contract and pay $175.00" to be part of this

digital distribution. Although I would like to believe, I am skeptical and

would be appreciative of any advice/thoughts/suggestions etc...

Thanks.

Yes my son's band Auto Body used Quickstar Productions twice product professionally done and we were able to sell quite a few of them that shows I forget the exact amount of CDs that we received for a money but like I said they were professionally done and it's well worth it to my son's band and it's been about 10 years ago though and the project at that time was called Quickstar presents downtown metal