Tom Petty's guitars stolen - $7,500 reward

Skyforger

• Members
I am kind of shocked that the reward is so low. Tom Petty has had some real {censored} luck over the years.

Yes, he has. He was the victim of arson once as well. Lost his home and most of the possessions in it. This is just really low. Tom and Mike are pure class.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Doesn't look like they really care that much about getting the guitars back..... one of those guitars alone is worth more than the reward..... cheap, spoiled, out of touch multi-multi millionaires.

I would say that this characterization is more a reflection of something within you than it is a characterization of Petty & Co.

I'm not certain why the reward is as low as it is either, but I would imagine it has something to do with strategy that comes from experience and the advice of insurance agents and law enforcement. Perhaps, a low reward will be high enough to entice crackheads to return the guitars, while at the same time, discourage "higher class thieves" from doing anything other than take the guitars to pawn shops.

• Members

AWWWW....POOR MILLIONAIRE
:facepalm:

So are you saying that because he's successful he deserves to have his {censored} stolen? He paid his dues a long time ago and those guitars have more value than just money. There's a lot of sentimental value there as well. Stow your cheap shot, wannabe, holier-than-thou because I haven't had a decades long successful career BS. Its not like you're talking about someone whose daddy gave them all his {censored}.

• Members

So are you saying that because he's successful he deserves to have his {censored} stolen? He paid his dues a long time ago and those guitars have more value than just money. There's a lot of sentimental value there as well. Stow your cheap shot, wannabe, holier-than-thou because I haven't had a decades long successful career BS. Its not like you're talking about someone whose daddy gave them all his {censored}.

+1

Tom's still a human being. I have a couple guitars that I consider to be irreplaceable due to their sentimental value. Tom and his band have as much right as anyone to feel slighted, regardless of their wealth and success.

• Members

$7500 reward?!?! hell I should have stolen them and just returned 'em for the reward
:lol:
then I could have gone out and bought any one of those guitars...

I would probably keep hold of the Broadcaster... Don't care what it's worth, I'd totally play that thing :lol:

• Members

Reward $ is kinda low.

I bet he spends that on room service.

I clicked on "like"

I'm wondering if the low reward (in light of what the guitars are worth) is some kind of ploy. Y'know, to make the thieves think that the guitars are worth about that much. As a lot of people have said, trying to flip a Broadcaster could be pretty difficult, so who knows. Either the thieves get duped into giving the guitars back for much less than they might have gotten for them, or they realise how difficult it'd be to sell such a valuable (and in some cases, rare) collection and go for the easy money.

• Members

I'll second this.

• Members

:facepalm: and you are????????^^^

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! :cry:

yea, boo-fukn-hoo.

he can buy literally 100's of prime boutique guitars and amps.

suck it up, shut up, and go buy urslf another original Nocaster, Tommy.:rolleyes: