A word about "Chinese" guitars...

Harry7139

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

For 30 years Moscow repelled the Capitalist scum, during the Cold war, all it took in the end was Ronald MacDonald who waltzed right up to Red Square.

Invasions don't come via the beaches anynore, these days usually coastal container ports and their inland air fed equivalents

• Members

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Why would they want to? They make far too much money out of the US to rock the boat on that. Outside of Tibet (obviously), the Chinese aren't much interested in empire building anyhow.

• Members

And by the time you finished shooting yourselves and each other you would take out 10 of them. Having a gun does not make you a soldier.:cool:

• 7 years later...
  • Members
On 5/4/2012 at 3:03 PM, WRGKMC said:

My criticism is harsh but honest from my perspective.

I consider musicians who buy fakes at best second class musicians.

They dont support domestic builders and are the cause of why those instruments cost so much.

I could care less how well they're build, or good they sound, or how cheap they are.

I consider them second class because they are willing to settle for less than the best.

There are thousands of guitars without the fake logo so its not like you're playing a copied design.

The fake logo suggests you have no issue with it being a false advertisement and lack moral charecture

for even buying one. You wont fool a pro so you're stuck with fooling yourself.

Hope its worth the cost of compramizing your morality but you wont get pats on the back from pros

who earn extra bucks endorcing manufacturers instruments. I'm sure the reds love it and the slave labor

really appreciates the $1 a day they earn building it. Godless commies love musicians who buy their fakes.

I do suggest if you're a red blooded American you should be ashamed of the instrument and sand that logo off.

At least then you wont be walking around with a badge that says "I endorce counterfitting". It may save your ass if you

ever play for a crowd of union workers who spot it being a fake. They can deal with a blank headstock, a fake will

bring you nothing but Bad Karma.

As I said, few will appreciate my frankness on the subject, but I've built guitars and worked for manufacturers, so

I see what the flod of counterfits has done to the business I love. i'll never support those who dont care if they

damage the buisiness and drive those who make them out of business. And, you may not pass it down as the real deal,

but noone lives forever. Theyre being sold as the real deal to kids who dont know better every day of the week.

Its like counterfit money. It makes the real dollar worthless. Those who buy the real deal are hurt by fakes

and those who build the real deal loose their jobs. That wont make anuone happy except for those who think

man made objects are the source of happiness. Hopefully they will wake up and realize their mind set is screwed up.

Your highness,

Get a life you jerk. How high and mighty are you to think you can tell me what I can do with my money? Why don’t you worry about yourself and realize you can’t control what other people do. Do you really think you are such a good person? Well you’re wrong. You’ve lied just like everyone. You’ve stolen something before just like everyone. I’m sure you’ve had adulterous thoughts, or had sex out of wedlock. Don’t lecture me about morality, you are just another imperfect person taking your own frustrations out on others. It’s a dream of mine to own a PRS 509, but I’m a social worker, and will never be able to spend $15,000 on a guitar, or anything for that matter. That’s right. I help people every day for a living. My life is based on doing whatever I can to help the homeless, but according to you I have no morals. Guess what: I am perfectly fine with my level of morality, and really couldn’t care less what you think about my purchases. I will buy a copy from China, put a few hundred dollars into it and make it as close to the real thing as I can. I will continue living my life to help those less fortunate than me, and I will sleep just fine at night.

P.S. Maybe you should focus on making the world a better place instead of thrashing people from your high throne, for following their dreams.

• Members
On 2/24/2020 at 8:46 PM, Whersheyjr said:

Your highness,

Get a life you jerk. How high and mighty are you to think you can tell me what I can do with my money? Why don’t you worry about yourself and realize you can’t control what other people do. Do you really think you are such a good person? Well you’re wrong. You’ve lied just like everyone. You’ve stolen something before just like everyone. I’m sure you’ve had adulterous thoughts, or had sex out of wedlock. Don’t lecture me about morality, you are just another imperfect person taking your own frustrations out on others. It’s a dream of mine to own a PRS 509, but I’m a social worker, and will never be able to spend $15,000 on a guitar, or anything for that matter. That’s right. I help people every day for a living. My life is based on doing whatever I can to help the homeless, but according to you I have no morals. Guess what: I am perfectly fine with my level of morality, and really couldn’t care less what you think about my purchases. I will buy a copy from China, put a few hundred dollars into it and make it as close to the real thing as I can. I will continue living my life to help those less fortunate than me, and I will sleep just fine at night.

P.S. Maybe you should focus on making the world a better place instead of thrashing people from your high throne, for following their dreams.

Ok little boy. Perhaps you should lay off the coffee and self righteousness, and  read INTO what W was saying. He's not knocking, or should I say wasn't knocking, since the thread is almost 8 years old, Chinese guitars in general. I know he has a few, and a few bodies and necks, some are good, others crap. He was knocking the makers, and "RESELLERS" of said GIBSON, FENDER and yes, your much beloved PRS replica guitars. And here is the reason: (Which is quite plain if you bothered to read the entire thread.)

You may buy it, knowing it's a copy. You may sell it, saying quite plainly that it's a copy, the next person may try to pass it off as real, and make 1000, 1500, whatever, profit by lying to that 19 year old kid buying his first "real" guitar. I can spot a fake Paul from 30 feet away. My wife, who plays keys, can spot it from 10 feet away. Can you spot a fake? If I handed you that PRS you wanted, and a replica, would you know the difference? Wouldn't you be a bit pissed if you saw that guitar you wanted on CL for 5K, and got it, only to discover you could have gotten it from Aliexpress for 349 plus shipping? THAT was his point. 

And, whilst thinking about it, since you are a social worker and care about the masses of poor and destitute people, why not buy a guitar NOT made in a country known for it's mistreatment of it's population? South Korea comes to mind, Japan too. And before we lose more of our civil rights, America also. 

• Members

There have been lots of scamsters trying to pass off Chinese knock offs of Gibson, Fender, Jackson, and Charvel .....and recently, Kramer guitars , on eBay and Reverb.

A friend of mine, wanted to buy a Carvin X-100B amp. The seller told him it was a 1985 amp.

He got it and was very pleased with the amps tone and called me over, since I love Carvin amps.

As soon as I walk in, I look at the amp and the logo was that of a post 1987 Carvin X-100B .

Turns out it was made in 1991.

• 8 months later...

Archived