A word about "Chinese" guitars...

Harry7139

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I ordered a Chinese wife. Had to send her to a plastic surgeon to get her up to US spec, but now, apart from the accent, no one ever suspects she's a fake. I'll never divorce her; I wouldn't want to pass on fraudulent goods, ya know.

Only cost me 500 bucks, too!

Been hedging on that myself... But still holding put for a Domestic Blue Hair Sugar Momma to take care of me...

• Members

Been hedging on that myself... But still holding put for a Domestic Blue Hair Sugar Momma to take care of me...

Personally, if my current marriage doesn't work out, I'll be going to Czechoslovakia. Most beautiful women in the world and would have to cost less than a US Gibson of the same year.

• Members

I'm sure the reds love it and the slave labor

really appreciates the $1 a day they earn building it. Godless commies love musicians who buy their fakes.

I do suggest if you're a red blooded American you should be ashamed of the instrument and sand that logo off.

At least then you wont be walking around with a badge that says "I endorce counterfitting". It may save your ass if you

ever play for a crowd of union workers who spot it being a fake. They can deal with a blank headstock, a fake will

bring you nothing but Bad Karma.

OK Ronnie....

you were doing fine until you spat out this ridiculous diatribe of jingoism. I'm no fan of chinese manufacturing...and try my best to not support it...

but your views have NO basis in any reality. The markets to those "godless commies" were forced open by American corporate interest when they sent there hero Milton Friedman their in the 70's to convince china to go capitalist.....they followed his instructions basically to the letter so the China you see today is a DIRECT result of american influence....I guess that makes america "communist" too then....

And Unions? Seriously? Pretty sure most hardcore Unions in the US would {censored}ing DESPISE the US guitar manufacturers for being aggressively anti union. Is there even ONE guitar company who has a union shop? Seriously doubt it.

US guitar manufacturers use the threat of job export to mexico or china to keep their own workers in Memphis, Nashville and Corona, weak and docile. Pay them {censored}ty wages and have {censored} benefits.......No doubt it's still better than buying chinese labor....but the picture you are trying to paint is complete {censored}ing bull{censored}.

• Members

Haven't we heard this bull {censored} story almost verbatim at least twice on here already? Someone track his IP. I bet it's from China.

I was hoping he would post pics!

• Members

OK Ronnie....

you were doing fine until you spat out this ridiculous diatribe of jingoism. I'm no fan of chinese manufacturing...and try my best to not support it...

but your views have NO basis in any reality. The markets to those "godless commies" were forced open by American corporate interest when they sent their hero Milton Friedman their in the 70's to convince china to go capitalist.....they followed his instructions basically to the letter so the China you see today is a DIRECT result of american influence....I guess that makes america "communist" too then....

And Unions? Seriously? Pretty sure most hardcore Unions in the US would {censored}ing DESPISE the US guitar manufacturers for being aggressively anti union. Is there even ONE guitar company who has a union shop? Seriously doubt it.

US guitar manufacturers use the threat of job export to mexico or china to keep their own workers in Memphis, Nashville and Corona, weak and docile. Pay them {censored}ty wages and have {censored} benefits.......No doubt it's still better than buying chinese labor....but the picture you are trying to paint is complete {censored}ing bull{censored}.

Thanks for doing that.

I was going to, but I was worried that I'd be straying off topic.

• Members

Thanks for doing that.

I was going to, but I was worried that I'd be straying off topic.

It's never "off topic"......people may not want to think about it, and what it all means.....and they may whine and complain when it's brought up...."it's just a guitar forum...go to the political forum...blah blah blah..".....but the reality is, this IS about guitars.

It's not like we were talking about the best flanger pedal, and someone came in and starting talking about the abuse of coffee workers in central america.

With ANY product, there is always going to be an aspect that links to political and moral issues. And the results of that DO impact peoples lives directly. And this thread in this kind of thread especially.....the political side of it just can't be ignored. If some people don't like the political side of the issue, maybe they should just try to ignore threads like this all together. But they are most certainly not off topic.

Archived