Finished my Surf Green Tele parts build!

thecornman

• Members

Well after a long wait I finally got the bridge I ordered to finish my Surf Green Tele build! Came out great. Everything fit nice and it barely took any work to setup to my standards. Action is great, no buzzes and the intonation is dead on as it gets. So happy with it. The tele I head in my head for a while.

001-15.jpg

002-17.jpg

004-16.jpg

003-17.jpg

• Members

Looks great. What is the body?

Thanks. I bought the finished body off a Canadian builder on Ebay for about 120 shipped! It is made out of Northern Ash and weighs about 5 pounds. The neck pocket was a perfect fit for the lefty Mighty Mite neck I put on it.

• Members

Looks great, love the color. What's the name of the guy on ebay you got the body from?

The ebay dealer is rivingstone41! Just looked at his items and all he has going at the moment is necks. I bought one of them from him as well for the super strat I built and it was pretty nice as well.

• Members

That is fucking sharp looking man. Very very nice. I would have stuck with a non reversed headstock, but regardless, if I were a tele guy, I'd have already PM'd you an offer. Truly spiffy.

:thu:

You know it isnt even about looks with the reverse neck! Ever since I built my start in my avatar with a reverse neck I realized that it just makes more sense to have the tuners on the bottom of the headstock. When I am playing my hand is already down there and I find it easier to tune on the fly when jamming with people. Now it seems that the standard way they are is backwards.