Putting Gretsch FilTron pickups into humbucker hole

zinzin

• Members

I like the increased clarity of those Nashvilles - I'd say that was a good change.

Agree with JJ about swapping wires - almost certainly the PUs are wired out of phase, and are cancelling each other out.

nah, they are not out of phase, cables are right, it's not THAT bad sounding, just a bit faint compared to the other 2 positions which have more character.

i am going to contact a distant friend of mine which has a 1960 or so original gretsch gentleman to play them side by side. there won't be competition off course, but just out of curiousity ...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

nah, they are not out of phase, cables are right, it's not THAT bad sounding, just a bit faint compared to the other 2 positions which have more character.

i am going to contact a distant friend of mine which has a 1960 or so original gretsch gentleman to play them side by side. there won't be competition off course, but just out of curiousity ...

I've also noticed output differences depending on pickup selection with my GFS pups. I'm running surf 90s in thr neck and bridge and a HB lipstick (with available coil tap) in the middle. My out put is a little different for every combination.

Archived