Good/Great guitarists in Bands you don't particularly like!

JTEES4

• Members
The last time I really listened to Neil Schon was when he was in Santana.

Yep, Neal was hot on Santana III. On the first few Journey albums Neal had some taste and creativity. Then he fell victim to 'overplay-itis'. A totally boring player these days.

• Members

How? Honestly, page is the worst musician in zep. Granted he write most of the stuff, but bonham and jpj are both exceptional. Page is just page

It depends. In the studio I think Page is brilliant. Onstage, John Paul Jones was by far the best of them.

At any rate, Schon was the first name that came to mind for me as well.

• Members

Steve Stevens with Billy Idol. Talented and versatile; I've been listening to a few cuts from "Atomic Playboys" on the IPod in shuffle mode.

After playing original material for 30 years I finally gave up and started playing in a cover band. What I found out was that learning guitar parts by some of those '80's guys is more challenging than the 70's classic rockers. I find it much easier to play a Jimmy Page part than a Steve Stevens part. Great guitarist - Stevens and Easton, but I rarely if ever find myself listening to The Cars or Billy Idol if I don't have to.

• Members

JP the worst? Whoa. I just cannot think of a context where Jimmy Page, arguably THE guitar god of the 70's is considered worst.

Trevor Rabin in any interation of Yes
Brad Paisley in Brad Paisley
EVH in the current lineup of VH
Roger McGuinn in The Byrds