My buddy Andy passed away

Woody_in_MN

• Members

Andy Griffith could have been a lot of things, including a minister, a blues singer, and an actor. He was this and much more. I lost my childhood hero today. Andy was Andy of Mayberry, and much more. My world will not be the same. Good bye with Love.

rP1RM4k7hV8

• Members

I was sad to hear that. I never really got exposed to Griffith's dramatic ventures, but ALWAYS enjoyed his Mayberry depictions (the same goes for all those 60's rural themed sitcoms). I also like how they'd showcase music on the show from time to time.

[video=youtube;RpKhWePGNPc]

RIP Andy.

• Members

Music was a huge part of the Andy Griffith show, and Andy talked about it in an interview. You can find the interview on youtube. The interview was full of great history of Andy Griffith and his career. One point I remember is he absolutely did NOT want to have a Las Vegas show. He was hopping he would be successful on TV so he would not have to make his money in Vegas.

• Members

The Andy Griffith Show was a big part of my adolescence as well. Simple truths every week spun by a stellar cast. I hadn't thought about Andy much lately until Brad Paisley did 'Waitin' on a Woman' featuring Andy a few years back. It was cool to see Andy in the video. RIP Andy, you helped make my world brighter.

• Members

Foowah foo

Fwee fuh fweefoo

Fwee fuh fweefoo

Foofuh fwee fafoo

Foowah foo

Fwee fuh fweefoo

Fweefuh fweefoo

Fwee fufoo

Fwee we fwew

Fwee wafoo

Fwee wafoo

Fareefoo

Free fafoo

Foowafoo

Fwee fa fwee foo

Fwee fafweefoo

Free wafeefroo

Fwee fafwoow

RIP, Andy.

• Members

He got his acting start up playing a role in the outdoor theatre production of "The Lost Colony" which still runs during the summer season in the Outer Banks, NC. He was seen frequenting local restuarants down there up until a few years ago. He kept a low profile and preferred his privacy as he enjoyed his retirement years in NC...:(

Archived