New MXR Day

elsupermanny14

• Members

Got a Phase 90 from a HCFX forum member. This is the pedal I have been looking for. I mistakenly bought an MXR flanger a while back thinking that was the sound I wanted, turned out it was the one knob Phase 90 sound that I wanted. Fun pedal by the way, and the one knob makes it really fun to play since you don't have to tweak to find a good sound. One knob always sounds good!

100_1343.jpg

100_1345.jpg

• Members

COol pedal! Do you mind if I ask how much you paid? Im trying to sell mine and I need a good price. I tried selling it on CL and in the spam thread for $45 shipped and got 0 replies. Maybe Im asking too much. Thanks.

I think they're around $80-90 new, so i don't think your price is bad. What a great pedal, must have on any pedal board.

• Members

I think they're around $80-90 new, so i don't think your price is bad. What a great pedal, must have on any pedal board.

I've never paid more than $30 for one.

I love Phase 90's though. Easily one of the all-time greats. More pedals should come with one knob.

• Members

More pedals should come with one knob.

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm one of those guys that I take no more than two minutes tweaking gear. If I can't find a sound I like in two minutes, then the gear is a fail and I move on to the next. I bought an MXR Flanger pedal a few weeks ago. It took me forever to dial that thing in, needless to say, I'm over it and want to get rid of it. The phaser made me realize how easy it is to get all of the great flange sound and then some.

The kool thing about the one knob, is that it's always dialed in. Anywhere you set the dial up to about 2 o'clock is a sweet spot. After 2 o'clock the sounds you get are still hella cool, I just have not figured out how to use them in a way that sounds good in a song.

I definitely agree it has just the right amount of controls.

Archived