Stolen Instrument List

• Members

STOLEN MUSIC INSTRUMENT NOTICE

Please contact screamingstone with any information

www.SCREAMINGSTONE.com

STOLEN: 6 Guitars incl 1976 Blck Les Paul Deluxe

Musician Maria Taylor's van was broken into. They stole 6 guitars, 2 suitcases, and all their pedals.

Below is a list of the stolen gear.

Anything you can do to help us try and recover these items would be greatly appreciated.

Left-handed RED Gretsch Tennessee Rose Guitar

Left-handed Martin Acoustic Guitar

Left-handed WHITE American Fender Precision bass (w/ green pick guard)

Right-handed PURPLE Fender Jazz Bass guitar

Right-handed 1976 BLACK Les Paul Deluxe

Right-handed Alvarez acoustic guitar (Hand painted white w/ black swirls.

Guitar strap is nailed on)

Boss Tuner Pedal

Boss distortion Pedal

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

STOLEN: 1974 Hagstrom Swede

Hi, My husbands 1974 Hagstrom Swede was stolen a few months ago, we have looked for it all over town and then someone suggested we post here on craigslist.

The guitar was his moms; she got it in 1974 and passed it on to him when he was old enough to play, it is very, very sentimental and he would like it back very much. I would be willing to buy it back.

• Members

STOLEN: BLK Epiphone SG w/skull

This is the best photo i could find. I live near the court house in Pasadena and someone stole this out of my car. It was in a Coffin Case with a silver skull spray painted on it. The guitar is pretty unique in that its older and i put gibson deluxe tuning machines on it and the neck pick was missing a screw. Im sure the stickers were removed by the thief.it was pretty special to me so if you have any info or you have it, please call me. Im not lookin to put anyone in jail or even involve the police i just would like it back. i have the serial number to verify along with the reciept from when i bought it.

• Members

STOLEN 1954 Gibson EB-1 Serial # 4 0232

1954 Gibson EB-1 Serial # 4 0232 Mint Condition (at the time) Refinished at the Gibson Factory 1975 Stolen from my apartment in Phoenix AZ 1978 Male suspect, Blond16-18 yo. seen walking from vacinity of apartment by neighbors.

• Members

STOLEN: Victor Baker Custom Made 7 String Guitar #201 REWARD $2,000

On Wednesday the 5th of March 2008 at 5.45 PM,a custom made Victor Baker 7 string guitar was delivered to the wrong address in Pulaski Avenue,Philadelphia by Fed Ex without a signature release for the package being obtained.

The 25lb LARGE box was addressed to Victor Baker Guitars at 5212 Pulaski Avenue but was delivered by mistake to 5217 Pulaski Avenue and left on the front porch without any release authorization.

This guitar was made for aj washington of Nashville,TN and was being sent back to the maker for some minor adjustments. This guitar was brand new – being only one week old.

The serial # is 201 and this is stamped on the 20th fret on the fingerboard and signed - along with the serial # on the inside of the instrument.The only other markings on the guitar are the letters “VB” that are engraved in abalone into the headstock.

This is a very distinctive guitar and immediately recognizable.

There is a reward being offered for the return of this instrument with no questions asked.

This guitar is too distinctive a piece to remain “missing” and we can assure you that it is too hot to handle.

It’s safe return would be most greatly appreciated and rewarded generously…..Thank you

• Members

STOLEN 1940 GIBSON F-4 Mandolin REWARD $1,000

Reporting 4-30-08 theft in Lewisville, TX of near-mint condition 1940 Gibson F-4 Mandolin w/ black leather hand-made case, purchased through Martin Covey, employee of the Gibson Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan. It has the oval hole with the raised or elevated fingerboard. It also had "The Gibson" script logo such as some of the others of the period. Thanks so much for any assistance you may be able to give.

• Members

STOLEN Epiphone Acoustic Custom Artwork

144-3.jpg

My guitar, originally a cheap Epiphone named Emily, was in the process of having artwork done on it when it was stolen along with the hardshell case from an Austin apartment complex last friday. Case had an autographed sticker by Dar Williams that said "To Isaac - Best". The post I've been circulating amongst friends is below with pictures:

No serial but I do have pictures included - GO TO www.SCREAMINGSTONE.com for pics

"To those of you who don't know, my mother died a week and a half ago. The night that she died, I let a local artist borrow my guitar to decorate it. The next morning I found out, so I had to leave town to arrange funeral things and take care of my father. The artist worked diligently throughout the week and was almost finished a week later, on the day of my mother's interment, when the guitar was stolen from outside an apartment as he rushed in to use a phone. I am offering $50, no questions asked, for the guitar or information leading to the recovery of the guitar. Right now, I have no guitar and am not happy with this turn of events. Much of the symbolism on the guitar is intentional or unintentional memorials to my recently departed mother, and the guitar itself is sentimental."

• Members

STOLEN Black Jackson Electric Guitar w/wammy bar

Today (Saturday) @ Ryan's apartment was broken into. Luckly all his stuff wasnt there we have specific place where we house equipment. BUT his primary guitar was there, and the thiefs stole it. His house is on Camano Island but he has a apartment in Everett, thats where it was stolen, So it most likely will POP-UP in that area either through musicians or Pawn-shops. In this picture below it looks blue but is actually A black Jackson with wham bar, heavy gloss layer makes it reflect color. If you see this guitar please contact us, IF you have chance to speak to the person who has this..... TELL them cough it up, IF YOU WANT TO RETURN IT......NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

145.jpg

• Members

STOLEN Gibson TV Yellow Les Paul "Murph" painted on

Stolen from our house in Illinois.

Les Paul special (single cutaway), TV yellow.

Note the name "Murph" painted on the body. This was my fathers guitar which I inherited.

Cash reward for information leading to the recovery of this guitar.

No questions asked.

• Members

if anyone has information, ANY INFORMATION!

please, please, PLEASE as soon as possible contact

IGGY AND THE STOOGES

EQUIPMENT STOLEN ON AUGUST 4, 2008

OUTSIDE THE EMBASSY SUITES HOTEL

208 SAINT ANTOINE OUEST,

MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA

all equipment was in a rented penske 15 foot yellow truck

with u.s. (michigan) license plate number AC46493

parked immediately outside the hotel, the theft had

to have happened in the morning, between 6:30 and

7:30 am - truck and all gear stolen

pictures of some of the stolen stuff

Item Country of Origin Serial Number

Red roadcase containing:

Red Gibson 1963 EB-3 bass (this is mike watt's bass!) USA No serial number

Black roadcase containing:r

Reverend Flying V guitar - Volcano black USA #08001

Black roadcase containing:

Reverend Orange guitar USA 03416 ZSL7

Black fibre case containg:

Gibson red SG short scale bass USA No serial number

Marshall Vintage/Modern Amplifier UK M-2007-07-0926-2 RoHS

Marshall Vintage/Modern Amplifier UK M-2007-07-0927-2 RoHS

4x Marshall 4x12 Cabinets (with Tuki cover) UK #1 Slant: M-2007-05-0149-0

4x Marshall 4x12 Cabinets (with Tuki cover) UK #2 Straight: M-2006-49-0380-0

4x Marshall 4x12 Cabinets (with Tuki cover) UK #3 Slant: M-2007-05-0150-0

4x Marshall 4x12 Cabinets (with Tuki cover) UK #4 Straight: M-2006-49-0381-0

Orange Calzone road case containing:

Guitar pedal board and pedals USA/Japan No serial number

Assorted leads USA/UK No serial number

2x mic stands Germany No serial number

Assorted strings and spares USA No serial number

plus:

2x Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner

Boss CH1 Super Chorus

Fulltone OCD Overdrive

Crybaby Wah

Peterson Strobo-Stomp Tuner Pedal

Whirlwind A/B Boxes

Whirlwind Cable Tester

and many many istrument cables

various tools ( screwdrivers, soldering iron, pliers, etc... )

tambourine and maracas

Cardboard box containing:

Assorted replacement drum heads USA No serial number

Gretsch Silver Sparkle Catalina drum kit USA No serial number

26" Kick Drum No serial number

13" Rack Tom No serial number

18" Floor Tom No serial number

4x Cymbal Stands No serial number

1x Snare Stand No serial number

1x Hi Hat Stand No serial number

1x Drum Throne No serial number

Eden D810 Bass cabinet USA D810RP4 0703E5001

Eden D810 Bass cabinet USA D810RP4 0703E5002

Cardboard box containg:

Eden VT300 Bass amplifier USA 0601E5115

Cardboard box containg:

Eden VT300 Bass amplifier USA 0507E5033

Floor Fan CHINA No serial number

Floor Fan CHINA No serial number

Green clamshell suitcase containing:

Yamaha snare drum JAPAN No serial number

Yahama kick pedal JAPAN No serial number

Zildjian Mega Bell cymbal USA No serial number

Zildjian 15" Hi-Hats USA No serial number

3x Zildjian 18" 19" 20" crash medium cymbals USA No serial number

Brown Epiphone guitar case:

Black Epiphone EB3 short scale bass KOREA F300503

1 x Wheeled Black Pelican case (50cm x 28cm x 20cm) containing :

A selection of microphones and microphone accessories, most of which are in separately labeled black pouches. All of the microphones are of Shure manufacture, also a BSS DI box. Inside the Pelican case there is also a Ferrari pencil case containing an iPod, iPod accessories, various small cables and adaptors, a Leatherman Charge, a Stooges AAA tour laminate, some pain killers, some sharpies, some electrical tape, some business cards (Mr Rik Hart). Within the case there is also a big pair of Sony headphones (model MDR7506) with a long curly cable and three very long XLR to XLR mic cables. Here's a more specific list of the microphones :

2 x SM91

5 x SM98

2 x B98

2 x SM81

2 x KSM32

1 x KSM27

2 x B52

3 x SM57

8 x SM58

1 x BSS AR-133 DI Box

(all manufactured by shure)

http://www.hootpage.com/stoogesstole...olenstuff.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

STOLEN Brown Sunburst Tele Serial #57 on neckplate "Rose" on headstock

Stolen..July 29th in LA...close to LA City College..from my sons apartment...(+ $20,000 worth of other gear)...

A guitar I gave him..........Jonathon Rose brown sunburst custom Tele-(looks same as a Fender Tele)--serial number #57 stamped in neckplate...and "Rose" on headstock...push, pull humbucker on volume knob..this guitar is signed by many artists including James Burton and Duane Eddy...so unless they remove the neck and signatures it will be easy to spot..REWARD...

Thanks guys

• Members

STOLEN Guitars and Drums REWARD

-Custom 7 string Jackson Electric Guitar-Black Flying V (King V) serial# sin j7082

-Red Fretless 5 String Jack Gretz Electric Bass with trem system & whammy bar

-Red (including fret board) Spectrum SX Westone Electric guitar

-SVT 350 Ampeg Bass amp head

-Dunlop bass wah pedal

-Jvc camcorder GR-D370

-Black/Green CUSTOM ONE OF A KIND Ibanez 7 String universal Guitar w/ Emg 707's & Moded Trem

-Tama/Iron Cobra double bass drum pedal, Black beater heads,various scratches, beaters look burnt or melted

-CUSTOM Snare drum- 14" diameter, 5" depth, white remo emperor X head, Tama hardware, Fiberglass shell

-20" Zildjian Ride cymbol, ZXT series, Bronze metallic color, looks like new!

-JCM 2000 Marshall Head amp-Serial# c03091325, 100watt tube amp

-ICE400 Ibanez "Iceman" guitar with case, serial# C04021136

-Black Gibson "Hawk" Guitar w/ hardshell case

-Digitech whammy pedal – Red

-Ibanez "Wheeping demon" wah pedal

-Boss super octave pedal

-Mesa Stilleto Deuce amp head serial #00228

-Schecter Black Jack Guitar serial# 0411528

-Korg Rack tuner (Has a bent corner)

-Monster cables and foot switches

-16" AAXPLOSION crash cymbal

-20" AAXPLOSION stage ride cymbal

-Pork Pie chrome snare drum

-Unique red colored-6 string Randy Rhoads edition Flying V Guitar. Dotted frets, Black V guitar case, black pick guard

PLEASE, if you have any information on the Break in/ theft that took place between 8/10 & 8/11 in Tullytown,Pa PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY!!!

Thank you!!!

Hollow-Point- Myspace.com/elmulodehombre

Shined- Myspace.com/shined

Local Demise- Myspace.com/localdemise

Dead In The Face Myspace.com/deadintheface

* REWARD WILL BE GIVEN TO THE PERSON(S) WHOSE INFO LEADS TO THE ARREST AND PROSECUTION OF THE LOW LIFE(S) RESPONSIBLE*

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by OAFCORE

View Post

Pretty sweet little service you've got going sir...I hope I never have to use it...but I'm interested...how many things have you recovered and gotten back to the original owner (if any)? you should post an update!

Thanks for the props OAFCORE! Since I started doing this about $250,000 in gear has been recovered - those instruments were recovered during Sept 2007 through end of January 2008 - about 10% of the listed stolen instruments. Since February 2008 NONE have been recovered (although we have a lead on the stolen 1940 Gibson mandolin) and the number of stolen instruments listed has tripled.

The original success I think was pure luck - the problem is lack of mass awareness - not enough musicians know about this even though I post on myspace.com/screamingstone, five other musician message boards and on my the site www.screamingstone.com.

So last week I contacted the editors of the major guitar magazines to see if they could publish an article about the problem of instrument theft and how musicians are trying to do something to help their fellow musicians get their gear back.

You can help by telling other musicians about this - and contacting these publications asking that they publish an article:

Premier Guitar

Guitar Player

Guitar World

Vintage Guitar

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Screaming Stone

View Post

STOLEN Custom Maccaferri style acoustic guitar

Custom made modified Maccaferri style guitar, made by Jeremy Behn in 1992.

Stolen in San Francisco on August 18, 2008 at approximately 1 PM.

Reward offered for recovery.

149-3.jpg

For more pictures of stolen guitar go to www.SCREAMINGSTONE.com

i bought your guitar off the street in sf last night for $150 ...give me what i paid for it's all yours..i'm a pro musician who plays in sf every night and when i see people selling instruments like this i can't resist but to purchase them knowing that if i find the owner i will gladly contact them to return their instrument(at no loss to me) but if i can't find the owner i just keep it. better that someone who knows about intruments buys them than someone who just thinks it a great deal.. there's a black case and a binder with sheet music also.. you can email me at jeanrepetto@msn.com or call 510-367-5389. you are a very lucky man. i hope that i never need this service but if i do, lets hope it works out for me the same way as it did for you.

• Members

STOLEN Gibson Les Paul R57 (serial # 771310) and white Schecter C1 Hellraiser (serial # H0801180)

My Gibson Les Paul R57 (serial # 771310) and a white Schecter C1 Hellraiser (serial # H0801180) were stolen from my house on 8/21/08. I am offering a reward for their return, no questions asked.

• Members

I created an interactive map with the locations of where instruments have been stolen - its on my site www.screamingstone.com . Please take a minute to see what's been stolen in your area. Here's the link.

If you had an instrument stolen, contact me and I'll add the info and spread the word.

And PLEASE - spread the word to other musicians - the more musicians who know about this, the better chance we have at recovering the stolen instruments.

• Members

STOLEN Gibson Les Paul R57 (serial # 771310) and white Schecter C1 Hellraiser (serial # H0801180)

My Gibson Les Paul R57 (serial # 771310) and a white Schecter C1 Hellraiser (serial # H0801180) were stolen from my house on 8/21/08. I am offering a reward for their return, no questions asked.

NEW INTERACTIVE MAP OF STOLEN INSTRUMENTS AT www.SCREAMINGSTONE.com

• Members

STOLEN Gibson TV Yellow Single Cut-Away w/P-90's REWARD

About 4 years ago some one stole my Gibson 1990-1 TV Yellow/Single Cut away, P90's from the back of my friends car in Manhattan. I've all but given up on it. It was in pretty bad shape. Paint cracking,Chips about 1 inch missing for the side near the strap lock, electrolysis on the pick-up screw and so on. The TV has sentimental value as I bought it on my First Childs birthday. REWARD - I'd replace it with a faded DC yellow as a reward, 2004 Gibson Les Paul DC faded yellow.