Stolen Instrument List

• Members

STOLEN Martin D35 serial #403132

Stolen in a house burglary in 1983 from Arvada, CO, around Christmas. Arvada police report #83-45909.

Standard D35, no custom features, purchased from Flagstaff Music (AZ) in 1978. Used to have clear plastic 1/2"x1" label inside the body with "Flagstaff Music Co." and their phone number (I don't remember) on it. There was also one of these stickers on the back of the headstock, which I removed. While attempting to remove the sticky residue, it reacted with the finish, removing the finish in a rough 1/2" x 1" mark. I had that refinished - just the mark - but it was still clearly visible, vertically, on the back of the headstock about centered. That and the serial number would be the only identifying marks. Standard Martin black hardshell case with "M" logo.

Thanks much,

Phil Brodersen

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

STOLEN '60's Fender Black P-Bass with jazz bass pu in bridge, gold schaeller tuning keys and a chrome stars guitars bridge.

I have a friend who had a bass stolen- his email is stepingstone@earthlink. net and his name is randall tico. he's played with everyone and is a great versatile musician and composer and long time friend. he's one of those guys that has always given back to the community and donated his time and talents whenever possible- the bass was extremely sentimental- his main axe- it was a black p-bass from the 60's or maybe 70's- kind of a frankenstein- had a jazz bass pu in the bridge- pretty beat up looking instrument but a great pop/funk machine. Gold schaeller tuning keys and a chrome stars guitars bridge.

Picture of stolen bass at www.screamingstone.com

• Members

Man,
playing is a God given gift.
I'll bet there isn't one theiving asshole that has made a career in music!
I was once offered a stolen guitar. I told the dude that I wouldn't jeopardize my ability, no matter what!
It's like Page and Trower's stolen guitars... if I ever got a chance to get my hands on them, I would do so only so that I could return them.
Karma is nothing to fook with!

• Members

Am I the only one to ever compile a list of serial numbers of my equipment?

Anything worth taking was assigned a serial number at the factory.

Perhaps they included them so that in 20 years someone could date the instrument?

No. These are identification numbers. If you were to include them in your police report, you would get the instruments back if they were ever questioned. Like at a pawn shop.

If you don't know your serial numbers, you don't know your equipment.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by SilenceFriction View Post
Am I the only one to ever compile a list of serial numbers of my equipment?

Anything worth taking was assigned a serial number at the factory.

Perhaps they included them so that in 20 years someone could date the instrument?

No. These are identification numbers. If you were to include them in your police report, you would get the instruments back if they were ever questioned. Like at a pawn shop.

If you don't know your serial numbers, you don't know your equipment.
Unfortunately that is not the case. Even with serial numbers police recover a very small fraction of stolen gear - and here's why: First, even legitimate pawn shops may enter the serial number information incorrectly, for example a "3" instead of an "8" - the police system won't figure this out. Second, pawn shops rely on thieves to get stolen gear very cheaply and sell for a large profit. So they intentionally enter incorrect serial numbers - or don't even disclose the instrument at all. (I know this for a fact because I used to work in the used instrument market and went into many pawn shop back rooms.)
Keeping track of your serial numbers helps - but what helps more is publicizing stolen instruments. The more people who see the stolen instrument notices, the better chance we have at recovering the instruments (btw - since starting this we've found about 10% of the stolen gear - the police average less than 3% recovery - and we only started this 8 months ago.)

• Members

STOLEN Gibson F-5 Master Model Lloyd Loar #72214

From the Bluegrass Museum: Bill Monroe had a Gibson F-5 Master Model Lloyd Loar stolen a looong time ago. It has never turned up. The Serial Number is 72214. It was dated and signed by Lloyd Loar on Feb. 26, 1923.

• Members

STOLEN 1966 Slingerland Sparkle Blue Drum Kit and Bryan Scary & The Shredding Tears Van and Entire Touring Equipment

VAN+GEAR STOLEN...PLEASE HELP

Hello Friends,

Tragedy has struck Bryan Scary & The Shredding Tears. Our van, trailer, and all of our instruments were stolen the other night in Los Angeles. The band is stuck in L.A., and we're in desperate need of your help.

Among the stolen instruments was my 42-year-old drum set. My grandfather passed-away before I had a chance to meet him, but he played on that kit. Needless to say, I'm devastated.

Slingerland Sparkle-Blue 1966 Floor Tom 16" (96124)

Slingerland Sparkle-Blue 1966 Rack Tom 13" (96107)

Slingerland Sparkle-Blue 1966 Kick Drum 24" (96320) -> Has red "ST" logo on front drum head

Slingerland Sparkle-Silver 1967 Snare Drum 14" (188862)

Yamaha P-90 Keyboard (wood finish)

Hammond M-3 (two missing keys)

Ampeg SVT Pro 3 bass head (in roadcase)

Vintage Micromoog

Kurzweill PC2X (5810150Q3333)

Black Hardcase for Kurzweill

Roland KC-550 Amplifier (BN87323)

3 Keyboard Stands

Assorted Cables

Bass Octave

Fender Jazz American Deluxe 5-String Bass

ErnieBall MusicMan Sterling Bass (F06564)

Fender Stratocaster (c. 1984, made in Japan, maple fret board, Texas Specials pickups)

4 Piece Black SKB Drum Cases with "BSST" stenciled in orange spray paint on the sides

Zildjian Custom K Ride (JC24533-028)

Zildjian Custom K Crash

Zildjian Custom K Hi-Hat Top (JC25315-069)

Zildjian Custom K Hi-Hat Bottom (JB18422-032)

DW 7002PT Double Bass Drum Pedal (plastic beaters with felt side fallen off)

Pearl 120-P Single Bass Drum Pedal w/ felt beater

Pearl S-100 Snare stand

2 Cymbal Stands (one has two missing feet, with tape wrapped around the bottom to replace the rubber stoppers)

Drum Cymbal Trap Case (clear tape is wrapped around the fastening strap buckles)

Pearl H-200 Hi-Hat Stand (brand new)

Drum carpets (small blue one and a larger floral patterned one)

Hardware case (wheels broken off, has BSST stenciled on the top)

Tama Drum Throne (3 legs, round cushion)

--
Brian Bauer
Manager/Drummer
Bryan Scary & The Shredding Tears

• Members

STOLEN White Fender Telecaster w/extra toggle, Black Fender Telecaster Serial # Z6134057, Black Fender MusicMaster

Last Thursday night (4/24) someone broke into our house in Tahuya, WA, and stole 5 guitars (two of Andrew's favorite guitars and all of Jen's basses).

3 of these were distinctive enough you might recognize them if you see them:

(1) - A white Fender Telecaster with a Seymour Duncan pickup and an extra toggle switch on the pick guard. There are 3 decals: On the front there is a circular decal with "THE DREWS" in black letters and a reddish colored EMP sticker. On the back there is a red, white, and blue Native American style picture of a longhorn. The E string side of the treble string anchor (on the head) has been broken off, but still holds the string.This guitar is a family heirloom of great sentimental value.

(2) - A black Fender Stratocaster with a custom LR Baggs bridge and pickup. It also has an extra toggle switch on the pick guard. Serial # Z6134057

(3) - A black Fender Musicmaster three quarter size 4-string bass, with a notch along the 5th to 7th fret that occurred when it accidentally fell.

If someone tries to sell you any of these, please buy them. We will reimburse. Or if you can't afford to buy them, please at least let us know where you saw them. Most likely they will be in the Seattle, Bremerton, Shelton, Tacoma, or Olympia area, but you never know...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

...guys -- please -- for pete's sake -- take out some INSURANCE on your gear. I can't believe I'm reading posts about entire studios being cleaned out, and no mention of insurance.

If you can afford to buy the gear, you can afford the insurance. It's chump change compared to having to replace a single guitar or amp. And any police officer will tell you: the chances of getting back highly portable and easily resold items like this are slim to none.

If you get ripped off, first place to check is eBay. But protect yourself first: take pictures of ALL YOUR GEAR, record the serial numbers, and insure the expensive stuff.

love, dad

• Members

STOLEN BC Rich Warlock Bass Burgandy w/Heiroglyphics

I just found your site, but don't know if you'd be able to help me. I loaned my BC Rich Warlock bass to a friend for him to learn on, and it and the Coffin Case wound up getting stolen when his apartment was broken into. Problem is, this was about 3 years ago, in mid-2005. Here are some pics and description, if you think there's any hope of it being recovered.

Not sure of the year, but it's a 1980s model BC Rich Warlock 4-string bass (triangular headstock like the Bronze series). The original colour was lavender, which can still be seen in a couple spots at the edges of the fretboard and pickups. I've done over 11 hours of custom work on this bass, including re-painting the whole thing. The neck is black and the body is a deep metallic burgandy. All around the outside edge of the body and partway up the neck are heiroglyphics, passages from the Egyptian Book of the Dead. Behind the strings are the heiroglyphs for the Name of Ma'at, which are an ankh and a feather. On the back of the guitar is the Irish Gaelic phrase "Bona na Croin," which means "Neither Collar nor Crown." All of this detailing is done in gold. The Coffin case had a red lining and also had my strap in there, which was a fuzzy white leopard print. I don't think I had the references that I used when I was customising it, though I can't really remember. I don't have any documentation to prove it's mine, other than the pictures, as I bought it from a friend of an ex. I would dearly love to have this back, if it's at all possible.

-- GO TO WWW.SCREAMINGSTONE.COM FOR PICS OF THE MISSING BASS

~Kat Moran
Indianapolis, IN

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

STOLEN Peavey 5150 block letter guitar amplifier head REWARD $100

Peavey 5150 block letter guitar amplifier head stolen from car at Bob Jones High School in Madison Alabama, May 7, 2008. Serial number 10301914. Description is rough shape, torn cloth and rusted corners. Filed police report and someone saw 3 individuals carrying black box to neighborhood behind Bob Jones High School in Madison, AL.

• Members

STOLEN The Fifths Trailer and ALL GEAR incl Custom Sonor Drum Kit

I work with a band called The Fifth out of Fayetteville, NC. We had all of our gear and trailer stolen on the 21st. Any help that you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated. Below is a list of the bulk of the items. The drum kit would be the easiest to spot, it’s a custom made Sonor kit. Our Sonor rep said it’s the only one like it in the USA.

FROM THE FIFTH:

Our band trailor and ALL of our equipment was stolen today (May 21) from a residence in Benson, NC.

This is a list of stolen items. We will add to this list as we get time. PLEASE HELP US GET THE WORD OUT! Thanks everybody!

TRAILeR: Gray/silver 6x8 trailor w/ a rounded diamond-plate front. One large ramp door in the back, one man-door on the right side. There is a large white Fifth sticker on the back which may have been removed by now. The small light on the driver's side of the trailor is broken and missing pieces - a dead giveaway.

DRUMS: Please keep an eye out for Marc's custom made mirror-chrome Sonor drum kit. There is not another like it in the USA so it should easily be identified. 26" KICK DRUM...another thing that makes it easy to spot. 26 kick ,12 tom,14 floor,16 floor, 14 snare.

Drums are in the following cases: 26 in black humes and berg (still has new tag on it), 12 in teal xl specialty, 14 floor in teal xl specialty, 16 floor in black hardcase and snare in black impact.
Large black xl specialty hardware case FULL of Sonor cymbal stands. 11 stands total.

Blue tote with cymbal tiers, Sonor hitech throne, Meilnl chrome cowbell.
Action packer with pedals, Sonor stick bag..
Sonor Giant Step double-bass drum pedal w/ case.

GUITAR RIG:
Peavey XXX head in a custom fit road case.
VHT Fatbottom 4x12 cab
Coffin Case 4x12 amp cover (black)
Small diamond-plate pedalboard/case containing the following: Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner, Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor, Dunlop Crybaby 95Q Wah pedal, Peavey 3-button footswitch.
Sennheiser guitar wireless unit.
Line 6 PODxt Live w/ padded Gator gig bag.
Blue road case (not rack case) containing the wireless unit, several guitar cables, Line 6 POD xt Live, power supply, etc.).

BASS RIG:
Ampeg SVT-4 Pro bass head in an anvil-style rack case with a Shure wireless unit.
Ampeg SVT-810HPC 8x10 bass cab
Spector 4-string bass - black holograph finish w/ a Bat-Man sticker on it. w/ case.
Ibanez Soundgear 5-string bass - dark gray finish. w/ case.

OTHER ITEMS:
Shure Beta 87A ULXS24 wireless mic unit in road case.

Large black tech box/work station. Approx 4 feet tall and 3 feet in diameter. Looks like a big upright flight case. Includes Peterson tuner, Korg tuner, Furman power conditioner w/ lights, and loads of tech gear.

Mic Stand - Ultimate brand (black)
Mic Stand - chrome w/ custom black steering wheel base
All of our merchandise, cd's, merch display, backdrops, etc.
Megaphone – blue
Large multi-piece wooden drum riser. Black w/ black carpet on top. Comes apart in sections, very heavy.
**More items to be added soon. This is a partial list of some of the larger items.

JOHNSTON COUNTY SHERRIF'S OFFICE: (919) 989-5039

• Members

Ludwig Vistalite blue:
14x22 kick #1817672
8x12 tom #1816566
9x13 tom #1852665
16x16 tom #1818078

Ludwig Supraphonic chrome:
5x14 snare #1817237

3 Remo Roto-Toms with Full Reflector Shells (6" 8" & 10") on Pearl stand

3 lacquered wooden naval ammo cases, lined with foam, containing Ludwig Hercules hardware (snare stand, boom cymbal stand, 3 straight cymbal stands, hi hat stand, throne stand, and Ludwig Speed King pedal)

Ludwig Canister Throne silver sparkle #202773

Anvil cases:
5x14 #E1944
8x12 #E20527

Generic fiber cases lined with foam and marked with id:
14x17, 18x22 & 18x26

Latin Percussion:
solid bar chimes
5" black beauty cowbell
7" woodblock

Neary drum torque wrench

Rogers:
Dual Matic Hi Hat clutch
"Super X" external muffler

D'Aleo's Stick Caddy with assorted mallets, sticks, and brushes

Miscellaneous accessories

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

STOLEN Mackie 808s, Peavey SP5XT, Fender Acoustic Lefty, Peavey Bass Amp

Someone has stolen my PA and a bunch of other equipment right from my van at my house in greenpoint

Mackie 808s 1200 watt powered mixer
(2) peavey sp5xt 15" PA speakers
2 mic cords, 2 speaker cables, mic stand
Fender lefty acoustic guitar
and a small peavey practice bass amp.

please be in the lookout for this stuff, and email me if you see it at a music shop or someone trying to sell this stuff

will give reward if it leads to me getting any of it back

• Members

STOLEN Gibson Les Paul Blk Custom S#531710 Gibson Les Paul Jr Ylw S#9-0138 BV Explorer Chy and BV Les Paul P90's RedBurst

Reward: $1,000 for each Gibson

HELP ME FIND MY GUITARS, 4 GUITARS STOLEN 6/6/08 SOUTHWEST LAS VEGAS
GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM SER.# 531710 BLACK BEAUITY,
GIBSON LES PAUL JR. SER.# 9-0138 YELLOW
BV EXPLORER MAHOGANY / CHERRY FINISH/2 HUM/ TONEPRO WRAPAROUND TAIL PIECE.
BV PAUL TYPE, RED BURST, P-90'S, STRING THRU BODY
ANY INFO WOULD HELP, 1,000.00 REWARD FOR EACH GIBSON,NO QUESTIONS ASKED !!

• Members

STOLEN Kaman GTX 200 Electric Guitar Drk Brown

GUITAR WANTED! - $ TOP DOLLAR PAID $ Recently a thief had broken into my home and stolen all my guitars. One was my "GTX 200" is a discontinued model by Kaman. Now then, I'm having a very difficult time finding another. So if you have one,(or someone you know has one) and is interested in selling this guitar. To whom it may apply: Please keep an eye out for a "GTX 200" the next time your in a Music Store, I will gladly pay top dollar for this guitar. Thanks!!!

• Members

STOLEN Gibson Hot Pink Flying V and Gibson Natural Flying V

My brother in laws guitars were stolen from his house during his funeral. My sister is very upset! Many things were stolen from her home during her husbands funeral but the 2 Gibson Flying V electric guitars especialy the hot pink have very sentimental value for her. The hot pink flying V was vintage , I think from the early 80s but I am not sur. I do know the neck had a visible repair . The theif took everything he could carry. He tried to sell 2 PRS guitars at the GUITAR CENTER and the person working knew no one who owned guitars that special would carry them in without cases and try to sell them. He called the cops & returned the expensive guitars. He actually sold to my brother in law so he recognized them. The Gibsons have not been found. If you have any info on the HOT PINK FLYING V its return would be greatly appreciated no ??? s asked. If you have the X Boxes keep them with our blessing, but PLEASE return the first GUITAR he learned to play and had since he was a teen, He died very young and unexpectedly. His young wife is heartbroken!

• Members

STOLEN Gibson LP '60 VOS LemonBurst, Gibson LP '78 Dbl Cutaway, Marshall JCM800, Orange AD140, Orange 4x12, Soldano 4x12, Fender Geddy Lee Bass, Ampeg SVT-3, Ampeg 8x10, Ludwig John Bonham kit

The band The Stript just had their van and ALL gear ripped off. Here is what was stolen.

- Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop 1960 VOS Lemonburst
w/ skb case
Serial G08115
- Gibson Les Paul Special 1978 (original!!) double cutaway sunburst
w/ flight case
- Marshall Jcm800 guitar head (in a double road case w/ orange head)
Serial 2203-01-UMK190220B
- Marshall JCM800 guitar head
Serial m2007291065B
- Orange AD140 guitar head
in double head road case w/ marshall
- Orange 4x12 guitar cab w/ road case
- Soldano 4x12 guitar cab black crocodile cover
- Fender Geddy Lee jazz bass w/ roadrunner case
- Ampeg SVT3-Pro bass head in case/bag
- Ampeg 8x10 bass cab
- Pedal board case
w/ planet waves tuner, isp decimator, electroharmonic boost, mxr phase,
vox wah, morley a/b
- Sennheiser wireless guitar system
- Ludwig Led Zeppelin/John Bonham drum kit
silver sparkle
all drums w/ case

All the road cases have "The Strip" spray painted on the front in pink paint and were custom built.

The gear was stolen in and with a White Chevy 15 passenger van

Thank you so much

• Members

STOLEN Fender P-Bass Black w/white pckgrd mid-80's $500 REWARD

My Fender P-Bass was stolen Friday night, june 20th from my car. It happened either while I was parked near the Hopmonk brewery in Sebastopol after the Trailer Park Rangers/ Baby Seal Club show, or in my driveway on Ripley St. in Santa Rosa afterward. The bass is a black, mid '80's era Fender Precision bass. Black, with white pick guard. It has a sparkly kitty sticker, and a very small records sticker on it. It also has some finish missing down to bare wood on one hip near the rear strap peg. If anyone has any info, I would really appreciate it. I have been playing locally and touring with this bass for over 15 years. Needless to say, it has tremendous sentimental value. I am willing to offer a reward, no questions asked for it's safe return...

Thanks!

If you are the person or know the person that took this guitar, this is your chance to make A LOT of cash (more that you could sell the guitar for) by arranging to return it. THE REWARD OFFERED IS $500. We will agree to any arrangement you would like in order to get you the reward and protect your identity. WE JUST WANT THE GUITAR BACK. Please reply to this posting if you have the guitar or any information.

• Members

it was stolen roughly 2 years ago. its a limited edition purple squire strat. it has black hardware. modifications are 5 springs holding the tremolo and 80s ibanez "v" shaped strap holders (off of a ibanez rhoads copy). i live in asheville,nc and i suspect its still in the area (or i hope). reward is pending its current condition. thanks for any leads or help

• Members

Don’t be so deprived it is really a familiar issue today. Many people are facing this problem like yours. But every problem has some solution also. Few days ago one of my friend met me and she was also facing the same problem in past but

• Members

STOLEN 1903 Fiddle w/muskateer on back REWARD $350

1903 french made fiddle, with a muskateer on the back and pearl inlay buildings along with 2 bows and metallic blue case, taken August 8, 2006 from the Galax Fiddlers Convention in Galax Va. Owner name is Nate Leath call 828 495 8767