Good deal? Craigslist Les Paul Studio

Christhee68

• Members

I've seen the faded models sell new for $700 and that is without the hardshell case. $500 sounds like a great deal to me. The faded models are solid mohogany. Wine red to me suggest a maple cap. I haven't seen one priced new below $1100.

The Studio faded models have a maple cap on them. I'm reading the description on Gibson's website and looking at my guitar right now haha.

$500 is a great deal for a studio with a finish one it.

• Members

The Studio faded models have a maple cap on them. I'm reading the description on Gibson's website and looking at my guitar right now haha.

$500 is a great deal for a studio with a finish one it.

The added the maple top a year or two ago. Before then they had a mahogany cap. Think they were called the "Les Paul Vintage Mahogany" back then too, even though there really isn't a difference between models except the cap wood.

• Members

Hahaha. Seriously good guitars. The previous owner of mine put in some mods: B/W/B pickgaurd, witch hat knobs, Bigsby w/ roller bridge, plus got the guitar Plek'd. It's currently my favorite humbucker guitar.

The added the maple top a year or two ago. Before then they had a mahogany cap. Think they were called the "Les Paul Vintage Mahogany" back then too, even though there really isn't a difference between models except the cap wood.

It got really confusing for a time. I got a good deal on what they called a Satin Mahogany (if I remember right). Looks like the faded series but has a 60's neck and swiss cheese relief. It has a mahog top also.

• Members

Yes, when I bought mine, it was called a Les Paul Vintage Mahogany.

• Members

When you see deals like that you have to act immediately. $500 for that guitar is a same-day sale. Someone got lucky.

I wasn't really looking for a Les Paul; I figure my next purchase will be a nice acoustic-electric. When I saw it, I went through all the motions of "It's not really what I'm looking for but it's a good deal and I could re-sell but my wife says I buy too much stuff and do I really need ANOTHER guitar do I really want to sleep on the couch for a year etc., etc." If I had been shopping for an LP and that came up, I would have been all over it.

But if I see a Taylor 310 ce or Martin DPA 4 at a similar discount, I'll pounce on it.

• Members

If the guitar was in that condition you could not lose as you would have no problem flipping it. Seriously that one was too good to pass on even if you own a Lester already. I knew when I saw three pages in this thread it would be gone before you got it. Well at least you dont have to sleep on the couch, but I would of rather of beem playing on the couch for a week until she got over it lol.

• Members

If the guitar was in that condition you could not lose as you would have no problem flipping it. Seriously that one was too good to pass on even if you own a Lester already. I knew when I saw three pages in this thread it would be gone before you got it. Well at least you dont have to sleep on the couch, but I would of rather of beem playing on the couch for a week until she got over it lol.

I agree...I have 4 Studios now and I would have been on that in a blink.

Archived