Agile Argus 630

LOLRECONLOL

• Members

I have played one. It had been professionally set up, and wasn't mine, but I remember seeing "Agile" and thinking, "should I waste my time" but I hadn't played a baritone before so I get it a shot.

It was great. So easy to play and the tone was there. The action, fretwork, intonation... all as they should be. I'm as snobby as anyone but that was a formidable instrument. It was surf green, exactly like your pic and looked great to boot.

If you want a baritone on teh cheapz and can set up guitars, or don't have issues with having them setup by someone who can, I say do it.

• Members

The shape doesn't do it for me. Considering you can get a Squier Jazzmaster for $300 + a conversion neck for $180 from Warmoth, this is gonna be a tough sell from now on, especially at that price and with that body.

I just wish they did a Baritone conversion neck with a jazzmaster headstock. I'm afraid a normal Strat headstock would just look tiny in comparison.

• Members

agiles are very well made guitars, manufactured in Korea. their sx line is chinese. I have 2 agiles that i like very much. one is a AL2800 les paul copy and the other is the Harm. That guitar you are considering looks like it has the same p/u that were in my Harm. I didn't care for them much and replaced them. YMMV. So consider the price of p/us when deciding on the guitar. You can either get them rewound or the cavity looks like it may accommodate P90's

• Members

yup, xstoner was right on the mark.

Great quality and playability normally right out of the box, great Korean craftmanship.

The "toaster" pickups from my Harm were a bit muddy as well. P90's will fit but are a little bit smaller, the gfs ny pickups are a good fit which is what I put in my harm.

Archived