Anybody have any experience with Cozart guitars?

DARKMETL/

• Members

I bought one last year, one of the double necks on ebay (you know, the ones they claim are "rare" but are always for sale). I sold it a few months ago since I didn't like that the width at the nut of both necks was the same - made the 12-string side too hard to finger but other than that it played fine. Sounded OK. As far as looks, it looked something that someone made in their garage - less than "professional". The necks had no finish I could detect, not even a light satin. And they weren't fine-sanded, feeling rough. I spent 10 minutes with some 1200 and 2000 sand paper and smoothed them to a nice feel.

• Members

I bought one last year, one of the double necks on ebay (you know, the ones they claim are "rare" but are always for sale). I sold it a few months ago since I didn't like that the width at the nut of both necks was the same - made the 12-string side too hard to finger but other than that it played fine. Sounded OK. As far as looks, it looked something that someone made in their garage - less than "professional". The necks had no finish I could detect, not even a light satin. And they weren't fine-sanded, feeling rough. I spent 10 minutes with some 1200 and 2000 sand paper and smoothed them to a nice feel.

Ok. I don't really mind putting a little effort into one for personal preference, change of pick ups etc.

• Members

They had a used one at GC a while back. It was a toploader with a very thin body and a pale white neck. Very cheap tuners.

But it did play well. However, an SX would be miles better.

Well, the one I am looking at is a semi hollow tele style with a bigsby style trem, perfect for a project I am currently in and it is hard to find those specs on something affordable, don't think SX fits the bill unfortunately.

• 7 years later...
  • Members

I also have the rare red double neck, I had to adjust the truss rod on the 12 string, it was already so far adjusted it was all it had left to get it set. but really what do you expect for 350 dollars. you get what you pay for. I'm going to change the pick ups and pots, and see how it sounds. I did that to a jimmy page #2 I bought from china for 200 dollars, I put in Seymour Duncan's and wired in new push pull pots for the phasing and splitting added grovers for good tuning. and I swear this is probably one of my favorite guitars. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Members

I just bought a 12 string Telecaster.  I am surprised at the guitar that I bought for the price.  Guitar has a clear coat stain.  When I saw it advertised I was thinking this had to be some junk.  $200 price tag and I am very pleased with it.  It plays and sound nice.  I may update the electronics later.  But I am very satisfied with this guitar.  I was worried of having a you get what you pay for moment.  Nice guitar.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

I bought the 12 string strat style. Sounded and played really well out of the box but had a hard time staying in tune. Upgraded the tuners to the StewMac 18:1 and that fixed it for less than $100. I eventually replaced the bridge pickup with a Duncan hotrail but otherwise I love it. Neck was actually set up better than a Music Man I demoed at GC a few months before I bought this one

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

I have two corzart guitars one was a f hole strat had replaced the neck I had to replace all the electronics . The tele  was a better guitar but I replaced All electronics and pickups and tuners had to route out the control panel to make it fit had a lot of trouble getting things to work it turned out to be a good guitar.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I recently bought the strat type 12 string with the burled maple top. I was not expecting a lot given the price, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It is beautiful and the workmanship looks flawless. I was able to tune it up right out of the box and it sounded great and played very well. I had to retune it several times over the first few days (as expected) but after that it stays in tune as well as my much more expensive guitars. I may do some mods down the road, but that does not seem necessary yet.

I brought to a lesson and one of my students loved it so much that he ordered one just like mine. It also arrived in superb condition. I am going to buy a 6 string Cozart strat copy now. I have always favored Gibsons, Epiphones and telecasters and have never owned a strat type guitar. This price and quality is too good to pass up.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

King 12 string acoustic resonator.  Good finish and decent sound for a "plywood" guitar.  The cone has heavy ribs and the spider seems heaviere than others I have seen.  The only problem was the nut cut wrong; way too deep for the second string on the lower (6,5,4,3}string sets.   Looked like whoever used the same file for both grooves.   I replaced the nut and cut a new notches with small files.  It costs more than the guitar price to have someone in the know do it. 

I note they keep advertising "last one";