In Nashville. Gonna go eat BBQ then check out Gruhn's Guitars

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

Pretty excited to see the most notable guitar collector's store.

After that, the lady and I are gonna do the Country Music HOF, then there's a store she wants to go to.

Not sure about plans for tonight. We did some drinkin on Broadway last night, and ate at an awesome Italian place called Demo's.

Suggestions for this evening?

• Members

If you're there on Monday night catch Johnny Hiland on lower Broadway. Catch the Chris Casello Trio surely at Layla's or Robert's most any night. Sarah Gayle Meech as well. Not sure if the Players are doing the 3rd & Lindsley gig anymore, but catch that too if so.

• Members

Well, my favorite band is on tour right now, so you can't catch them, but the Don Kelly Band at Robert's is top notch. JD Simo is a great player. He took over for Jonny Hiland, who still sits in sometimes. Eileen Rose and the Silver Threads are awesome, too. Rich Gilbert is legendary, but I think they're just playing a private party today.

I think you would like East Nashville - 5 points is cool. No. 308 is a pretty cool spot. Pharmacy for beer n' burgers, Mas Tacos Por Favor is awesome, Family Wash can be fun. Where are you heading with the GF? If you're on eight ave, there's a great Thai place -Smiling Elephant. If on 12th, there's good food and beer at the 12th South Taproom.

Are you playing here? If so, when and where?

• Members

You can't eat enough Jack's. I've been there twice a day and still wanted more. Try B.B.King's. The guy out on the side walk will drop the cover if you act interested and then start to walk away. The music is always good. There's a place in Printer's Alley that was advertising nude kareoke the last time I was there. For some reason it sounded like something you have to see at least once. Had an underage kid with us though. If you want to see something cool go to the Lane car museum. Very cool stuff there. And go to Centennial Park and see the Parthenon.

P.S. I've been to Demo's, we ate graduation night dinner there. Really great food.

• Members

Ok, so far today, we have:

Eaten at Rippy's on Broadway. Pretty good. Jacks had a line out the door.

Then went to Gruhn's. Disappointed. They didn't have too much. More acoustics than electrics.

CMHOF. Pricy but interesting. The lady loves Patsy Cline and they had an exhibit about her.

Then went to Corner Music on 12th, now that's an awesome store. Waaaaaaaay more stuff than Gruhn's. Nicer staff and better parking.

Then Katy Kay's, girl stuff.

Now we're back at the hotel contemplating dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by d_dave_c View Post
Well, my favorite band is on tour right now, so you can't catch them, but the Don Kelly Band at Robert's is top notch. JD Simo is a great player. He took over for Jonny Hiland, who still sits in sometimes. Eileen Rose and the Silver Threads are awesome, too. Rich Gilbert is legendary, but I think they're just playing a private party today.

I think you would like East Nashville - 5 points is cool. No. 308 is a pretty cool spot. Pharmacy for beer n' burgers, Mas Tacos Por Favor is awesome, Family Wash can be fun. Where are you heading with the GF? If you're on eight ave, there's a great Thai place -Smiling Elephant. If on 12th, there's good food and beer at the 12th South Taproom.

Are you playing here? If so, when and where?

We're just here to get out of Indy for a couple days. We leave tomorrow. I'm not playin anywhere.

I'll check out those restaurants. Thanks!

• Members

Howdy NJBN, long time no see! Nashville sounds like a great time! Go to Robert's and have a PBR.

Quote Originally Posted by bsman View Post
I live in the South SF Bay area -- perhaps the worst place in the US for BBQ. frown.gif
Maybe so, but the Santa Maria style BBQ down on the Central Coast is well worth the drive. I absolutely love it; there's no where else that seems to do it that style. thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by adlo76 View Post
Yea, I forgot to mention that Gruhn's isn't exactly a place to browse. The good stuff isn't left out. Similar to Wildwood Guitars.
Word, and I'm just some asshole 25 yr old so I always feel akward around older dudes at cool guitar stores. Corner music was great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbeat Son View Post
Howdy NJBN, long time no see! Nashville sounds like a great time! Go to Robert's and have a PBR.

Maybe so, but the Santa Maria style BBQ down on the Central Coast is well worth the drive. I absolutely love it; there's no where else that seems to do it that style. thumb.gif
Hey hey Mr. DBS. We ended up having dinner then going to Foobar, per my bassist's (former Nashvillian) recommendation. $6 for well whiskey on Broadway, $4 for Jameson there. Boosh.

Quote Originally Posted by D Carroll View Post
Go to rotier's if you want to eat the best burger of your life.
My buddy from Indy recommended Roiters so we went there but didn't get burgers! She had fried chicken and I had roast beef. Both were great. I love the green beans down here too. They're all smoked and French cut. Delicious.

Archived