Epi WildKat, doesn

Marko

• Members

Yeah, that {censored} is dang straight. I have one and it's the worst Bigsby guitar I have for staying in tune. I tried an over wrap, as Dan Erlewine suggested in one of his write-ups, but I thought that was totally daft because then the strings didn't have enough downward pressure to keep the strings secure in their saddles.

But I did find a graph tech "ResoMax" saddle (and nut kit) designed to cure these ills of the WildKat. I wish I could tell you how well it works, but I'm often better at "procurement" than I am at "labor"

I wasted some of my life trying to find you a link to this product (I think I have the actual product in storage with the WK right now) but if you don't find it on your own, I'll go back into the fray to find you more references on that product. Man, Dan Erlewine is the man to me, but I don't know WTF he was suggesting with over wrapping the Bigsby tension bar. That trick fails in so many ways.

• Members

Are the strings properly wrapped on the tuning pegs so as to help "lock" them and minimize slippage at that end? Might check that. Also, the tuners can be tightened w/a screwdriver by turning the very small screw that holds each button/machine head on. That can make a tremendous difference, and it always amazes me how few people seem to ever even try that.

I've been meaning to get a roller bridge for mine, to stabilize use of the Bigsby. But if I don't use the Bigsby, I have no probs at all w/tuning stability.

And I hit a guitar pretty dang hard onstage. Or ouutside on the sidewalk, for that matter.

582664_10151010321258879_954636551_a.jpg

Archived