Good Bye to Leah

Woody_in_MN

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks guys. This is just the internet, but this has thread has helped.

I do have some good news - our Sheltie, Molly contracted pneumonia after being exposed to the new dogs kennel cough. Molly went to emergency vet clinic on Sunday. On Monday she was examined by our regular vet. She was doing better, but not eating yesterday. This worried us both after loosing both Lamb, and Leah. This morning Molly is eating again. It looks like we will still have two dogs in the house - the new girl, Sasha, and the Sheltie, Molly.

• Members

Condolences to those who have lost there best friends.

Last night I missed Leah. She would often lay beside me when I was on the couch at night. Sometimes she would just come over to me and just sit in front of me- I knew what she wanted. "Love Me" - so I would scratch her chest and tell her what a beautiful dog she was. Well, she was not there last night. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I miss her. Can't believe she will not be there to meet me at the door when I come home, like she has for the last seven or eight years.

On the up side, my wife got up early with the dogs. She told me Sasha, the new dog, was really, really missing me, and cried and sat by the bedroom door until I got up. Who can ask for more in a dog.

• Members

RIP. About 4 months ago I had to put down my dog of 19 years. Had him since he was 6 weeks old. Now mere months later, my only other remaining dog is on her last legs -- as in will probably be dead within days. Strange how pets who have lived together for a long time often die within a short time of each other.

Losing a pet is one of the hardest things many people will ever have to deal with. I'd say you were lucky that your dog died naturally. I was hoping that my dog would go that way and I'd either wake up or come home one day to find him dead but that didn't happen and he just got worse and worse until he was suffering and I couldn't take it anymore and finally called a vet to come to my house and put him out of his misery. Actually, I was so torn up about it that I couldn't actually call the vet -- I had to arrange it all via email.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your dog but from my own experience, I think it was the best way for her to go.

• Members

Guitarman- sorry for your loss. I thought I would take this one easier than saying good bye to Lamb. But I feel OK for a little while, then start tearing up again. It is tiring.

But I hear what you are saying - effectively she died in her sleep. She cried out, but in the same way she would cry out in a bad dream - actually at first- this is what I thought was happening, and tried to wake her up. The pain she had went very quickly - a minute or so. With Lamb we agonized on what to do- but it was still within a week. There were things that Leah loved in life - I don't think she was depressed, although her energy had been down really since last Summer. Even to the end she had a pretty happy life. On the other hand, somehow it seems right that Leah, and Lamb are together.

• Members
Leah died of a broken heart after losing Lamb Chop. So sorry, friend

That's what I think too (no offense to you guys) much mojo. Major sympathies to you. Leah was lucky she found you.

Our Max hasn't been the same since Astro left us, I can certainly relate. God Bless our 4-footed friends and family members.