Nov 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1

View Post

Are the 60s Tribute SGs better than the 70s Tribute SGs craftsmanship wise?

I can't say. I decided to keep my 70s Tribute Firebird. I got an additional discount on it from MF due to the Sam Ash closeout. It only took me a 1/2 hour of going back and forth with customer service reps.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by George Jetson

View Post

They are $449 if you get the promo code from Sam Ash, but buyer beware, these are the same cookie cutter production as that Firebird Tribute.

What promo code? How do you get one? Hook a brother up. PM, post, link, the magic words to say to the CSR... something! I am gassing for the LP.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by watsonaka

View Post

What promo code? How do you get one? Hook a brother up. PM, post, link, the magic words to say to the CSR... something! I am gassing for the LP.

SamAsh has an option to request a promo code on the website. It also says the 70's Tributes will not receive any additional discounts, promo codes, etc.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by George Jetson

View Post

They are $449 if you get the promo code from Sam Ash, but buyer beware, these are the same cookie cutter production as that Firebird Tribute.

My reaction yesterday was a knee jerk reaction. Maybe I was in a bad mood. I spent some quality time with that Firebird Tribute today. It's a damn nice guitar that sounds awesome. The mini hums are quite nice.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by calclown

View Post

LPs are all gone. Try a pricematch at music123 before the website stops saying in stock.

These are not gone. I just ordered a goldtop. The price on the website is now back to $529. It sounds like they have a fair number of the LPs in stock.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by watsonaka

View Post

These are not gone. I just ordered a goldtop. The price on the website is now back to $529. It sounds like they have a fair number of the LPs in stock.

on the phone? website says they don't have enough to fill my order when i click add to cart.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by calclown View Post
on the phone? website says they don't have enough to fill my order when i click add to cart.
Call. My CSR was Jeff, and he said they had 22 Silverbursts, and had other colors on a truck. He actually ordered me one that was on the truck, because he said it would ship "super fast" idn_smilie.gif

Either way he took my order, so I'm expecting they'll fill it. He did say the phones were ringing off the hook. Good luck to all shoppers.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1

View Post

Are the 60s Tribute SGs better than the 70s Tribute SGs craftsmanship wise?

I think they're about the same. I own one of each, a natural and a vintage burst, respectively. Since they have different color finishes it's a little hard to A/B them, but I think they are both very nice guitars "for the money".

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by tkachuk07 View Post
SamAsh has an option to request a promo code on the website. It also says the 70's Tributes will not receive any additional discounts, promo codes, etc.
If you fill in the form with the Tribute information, they will send that message when they give you the code. I still typed it in and it worked that day. Maybe they fixed it. [nope, still works]. I filled it in again about a Marshall amp, got a code, no warning.

About the quality, you may get a good one, maybe not. The Satin Red Fireturd I got was pasted together w/ a 3 piece body, the headstock had some kind of odd furring strip of a different color and wood stuck to the leading edge. Tuners were cheap-feeling and I thought the pickups were kind of ho-hum. I have better quality guitars that I paid even less for, so back it went.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Gibson DSDCCTEBCH1 Midtown Custom Semi Hollow-Body Electric Guitar, Ebony $999 ($1500 everywhere else including M123)

51a0YvqasOL._AA1000_.jpg

http://www.samash.com/p/Gibson_Midto...20Case_1759041
thumb.gif This is a great deal. After applying a promo code, it will be $899. Cheaper than a used ones! Sweetwater had the ebony ones on sale at $1199 last week but they got sold out quickly.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by pinyowat View Post
thumb.gif This is a great deal. After applying a promo code, it will be $899. Cheaper than a used ones! Sweetwater had the ebony ones on sale at $1199 last week but they got sold out quickly.
Here is what they said about that:

Dear Friend:

We

• Members

I tried to buy one of the 70's tribute LP's last night, but they were out of stock.

I guess the Guitar Fairy deposited a few more units today, because I just ordered a gold top. I applied a discount code, got $50 off, and everything seemed to go through OK. Got the confirmation email a few minutes ago.

*Anxiously waiting for discount code keibash that will render entire transaction null and void, moments after everything is sold out*

Archived