Most out of character gear you ever owned

Lonnie99

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I play country and classic rock with a BC Rich superstrat. redface.gif I was one of these die-hard traditional Strat players until I got my supah strat. Once I got used to the super loud humbucker and flat fingerboard ...that was it. A few weeks ago, I had to play Rocky Top on it as a request. redface.gif I'm such a tip whore. biggrin.gif

• Members

I play country and classic rock with a BC Rich superstrat. redface.gif I was one of these die-hard traditional Strat players until I got my supah strat. Once I got used to the super loud humbucker and flat fingerboard ...that was it. A few weeks ago, I had to play Rocky Top on it as a request. redface.gif I'm such a tip whore. biggrin.gif

• Members

Probably an 80's Ibanez RG 580 or something along those lines. Floyd type guitar, SSH. Besides being all black and with a floyd (hugest pain in my ass to ever set up). I loved how it sounded. I flipped it for 3 times what I paid, but it was a kicking guitar. Probably should have kept it.

• Members

If i had to pick something i guess it would be a Parker Fly...for a guy who is embedded in heavy metal rhythm playing with a big ol mahagony guitar with the occasional "clever pentatonic" solo, it seemed like way too much "shred/jazz" for me....it was awesome though.

• Members

Any guitar worth $500 or more as my skills do not justify the costs. I'm a trained saxophonist and I picked up the guitar to help market myself with bands. I'm a great saxman that can wail out decent solos, a good backup singer and just an average rhythm guitarist.

DSC00283.jpg

• Members

Any guitar worth $500 or more as my skills do not justify the costs. I'm a trained saxophonist and I picked up the guitar to help market myself with bands. I'm a great saxman that can wail out decent solos, a good backup singer and just an average rhythm guitarist.

DSC00283.jpg

Feel free to give me your 335 to ease your conscience.

• Members

Back in the 80's when I was playing in Country/Skynyrd/Allman Bros style bands I had this 62 Jag. Actually it proved to me that you can play just about any kind of music on any good guitar but in the end I sold it to get a Strat. Not because you can't play Country on a Jag but there was just something about it that looked so wrong with a Stetson.

62JAG.jpg