Those Gibson Midtowns

twotimingpete

• Members

Poll for the HCEG Midtowners, construction check:

originating from TDPRI

Mine has the same construction.

Crap just noticed that on mine, I haven't taken the cover off but it looks rough around the edges. Oh well, its not a huge deal for me.

• Members

Poll for the HCEG Midtowners, construction check:

originating from TDPRI

Mine has the same construction.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... Interesting... I will have to check mine out later. So far I have to say the tuning is rock solid on mine so I'm not too worried

• Members

Anyone seen the Midtown Custom for $999? The P90's on the standard are nice, but those burstbuckers are a better match

say what???? Damn... I would have jumped all over that if I didn't get the P90 model and not so much for the humbuckers but for the control layout, I like the 2 Vol and 2 Tone Vs the 1 Vol and Tone set up... though... the Custom has a richlite fretboard and I'm not entirely sold on that....

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by PunkKitty View Post
Here's mine:

DSCF6218.jpgDSCF6220.jpg

I'm considering picking up a second one while I can. They are really, really nice.
really nice... would match my LP....I'd like to set that up for slide and give it a spin, ...if it was up to snuff I could finally cut my Ibanez P90 Talman loose which has exceptional tone but I'm a bit bored with. ...the fact I don't currently have a semi hollow also makes it more interesting...anyone know how long the sale price will run?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by genesis3

View Post

really nice... would match my LP....I'd like to set that up for slide and give it a spin, ...if it was up to snuff I could finally cut my Ibanez P90 Talman loose which has exceptional tone but I'm a bit bored with. ...the fact I don't currently have a semi hollow also makes it more interesting...anyone know how long the sale price will run?

My guess is that they will be on sale until Sam Ash sells them all. MF/M123/WWBW is already out of stock.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PunkKitty

View Post

My guess is that they will be on sale until Sam Ash sells them all. MF/M123/WWBW is already out of stock.

I snagged one from SamAsh.....at worst it's a great investment biggrin.gif, but I think I will like it as a keeper

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by fishtankdork

View Post

if you ask gc for a price match from sam ash you can get any color custom midtown for 999. my dad got the blonde one and my brother got the heritage color after gc agreed to price match them

Thanks, but Guitar Center will charge me almost $90 in tax

• 2 weeks later...

Archived