Tom Anderson vs. Suhr: Let's start the year with a debate!

elsupermanny14

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by koiwoi View Post
One of my best guitars is MIJ and I've played and worked on many others. I'm not saying they're not good, just that every Anderson I've played has been perfect in a way that they aren't. Plus they design and create great pickups and smart wiring configs. Each step of every guitar is optimised to a spec, not a margin. It's a no-brainer for me, but that doesn't mean other guitars aren't great.
So you're not answering my question then.

I'll try again.

What is your "best MIJ"?

If you're saying "andersons are perfect in a way they aren't"...

then you haven't played the very best MIJ guitars.

Ever played a Navigator or a Van Zandt? Ever played a Momose or a Crews? How about a Scoop or Freedom guitar works? Moon guitars?

Because every single one of these brands is every bit as "perfect" as any Anderson, or Suhr I've ever seen and offer build elements I think make them superior.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by 1001gear View Post
Hi SC wave.gif

I think Andersons make a killerer super strat and Suhrs excel in Fender evolution.
Good for you! Enjoy whatever guitar you like! And you're right...in many ways both companies are superior to fender.

lol..

you're so pathetic...all butt hurt following me around...lol.

• Members

I answered the thread not your fathead. Ooh I made a poetry. smile.gif I have a longstanding lust for Andersons. IMO They have a unique hifi single coil sound w/o the peaky harshness of most guitars in that zone. And the leads - oh mannn ,,,,

And the cosmetic work has always been masterful. Suhrs mostly just sound killer.

The preceding subjective generalizations are the sole view of the poster and lay no other claim or claims real or imagined therof Spiritu Sancti Amen.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by koiwoi View Post
This thread should be titled "Tell us why your Toyota Corolla is better than an M-series BMW".

So far we've had Carvin, Squier, and Fender that make better guitars than Anderson and Suhr. Any more?
And thus continues the saga of HCEG, the forum for the proletariat.

• Members

Maybe it the BUZ Feten system or how ever you spell it. I've played a lot of strat type guitars in my day and have never experenced anything like my drop top classic. Until a couple of years ago, i played nothing that cost more than around 500 bucks. 1ST was a PRS custom 22, 10 top silver plated etc. that was the most perfect guitar in every detail. Then the Anderson came in at 3 grand, gulp! cry once! I did and imo , its worth it because were worth it. I've done it cheaper most of my life and i was always tweaking something or another. Like my PRS, it stays put. I pick it up to play it and she purrs with great sustain with no dead spots or buzzes anywhere. It sound great in every amp i have and the honeymoon hasn't quit. Strait up?
I also have a Epiphone Wilshire i got for 379.00 lol! i love the thing. She's a different flavor and growls for you. Its all fun and all good most of the time. be good to yourself when you can.

Archived