Kicked off Craigslist twice for Les Paul Goldtop Chinese Copy.

epi56ebony

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You might want to dig up some interviews he's done on youtube. There was one posted a while back (on Letterman I think) where he told the story of Axl crashing with him at his parent's place in Beverly Hills in the early days of G'N'R. Didn't sound like he was too far from his parent's money at the time...

When does being able to crash mean having access to Mom & Dad's bank account? I think you may be the one that needs to dig up some more interviews, they most certainly were not fronting his or GNR's expenses.

His first LP copy was bought for him by his producer during the recording of Appetite. If he was so deep in his parents pockets why did he not have an original '59 LP instead of a copy and why the hell did his producer have to buy it for him instead of him laying out his parents cash?

• Members

Off the market. I'm at $900 with upgrades. 400 for the guitar 500 upgrades and still waiting for schaller tuners. It's my "beater" like Slash.

Where do you keep getting "beater" from?

He used his copy to record Appetite for Destruction and then took it out on tour. He's openly admitted that it was his main guitar during that time.

How does that qualify as "beater"?

• Members

OK , SLASH grew up very wealthy! His mom used to work for David Bowie and many other musicians,, Read..

Slash did not grow up living in a slum his dad was also a very famous artist..Hard headed {censored}s.

See the wiki part about living with his grandmother....he lived with her during his teen years after his parents split up, yet wiki doesn't really mention that much.

Then read some more bios and interviews, as wiki itself isn't known for being the most detailed or accurate source of information. LOL.

I never said he grew up in a slum, just that he didn't have access to the unlimited funds you all seem to think he did.

• Members

See the wiki part about living with his grandmother....he lived with her during his teen years after his parents split up, yet wiki doesn't really mention that much.

I never said he grew up in a slum, just that he didn't have access to the unlimited funds you all seem to think he did.

You are more stubborn then a mule. You believe that is Slash's parent's were not famous themselves he would even be famous? You sir no nothing of politics..and it's not what you know it's who you know. This will be my last post on this thread.

If anyone wants to play a fake Les Paul go for it with gusto and {censored} the hypocrites.

• Members

You are more stubborn then a mule. You believe that is Slash's parent's were not famous themselves he would even be famous? You sir no nothing of politics..and it's not what you know it's who you know. This will be my last post on this thread.

If anyone wants to play a fake Les Paul go for it with gusto and {censored} the hypocrites.

That's totally not what I'm saying.

I did a ton of research on Slash's main guitar when his Custom Shop Signature LP was released on the late '90's, since wiki is your chosen source here's a few more things not mentioned: his mother not only worked with David Bowie, she dated him after Slash's parents split up and his parents had already split up by the time he was with GNR.

I was looking into buying one of his CS LP's when they first came out (1996, IIRC), even back then his LP sold for $8000. That was a lot of money to me, so before I dropped that kind of money on a guitar that was based on a replica, I wanted to know why he had the replica to begin with. I had assumed that he had a replica because there was something technical that was better on his replica than an actual LP and I wanted to know what that could have been.

After looking into it, everything I had seen simply said he had a copy because he didn't have the money for an actual '59 LP.

If he had access to the unlimited funds you guys seem to think, he would have had an actual '59 LP, not a copy. Not only did he not even buy the first copy, it was bought for him by his producer at the time. He also had to take that copy on the road because he didn't have the money to have a ton of LP's laying around.

Guy, those are not the hallmarks of someone who has any sort of financial backing - regardless of what zip code their mother's house may have.

• Members

Get a job and buy one.

I own two actually. Look at the sig.

I feel I ought to insult you somehow, but really this is pretty boring.

Edit: I'm down to one chinese strat. Paint peeled, turned one back in. So just a Chinese strat and a chinese Sg, oh well. Both are legal though......

• Members

Ok, write a book. Fact is he always played a fake and it is fine for a rich boy to play one but not the average Joe.. I mean really who cares? Who gives a {censored}? Gibson produces Epis in China. Why? for more profit..to make money they don't give a {censored} if you have a starving family. They are for Gibson. More money for Gibson!! Same with Fender, let's move are {censored} to Mexico..more money for us..save with thousands of companys. Nike? All made in China. Made by little kids, but I bet you have a pair.

• Members

I own two actually. Look at the sig.

I feel I ought to insult you somehow, but really this is pretty boring.

Edit: I'm down to one chinese strat. Paint peeled, turned one back in. So just a Chinese strat and a chinese Sg, oh well. Both are legal though......

Insult me if you want, I speak the truth. Any guitar that is made and you pay for is legit. It's the American company's that are {censored}ing greedy pigs.

• Members

You been drinking man? I own a Mexican strat too. i can't decide if that will make you happy or sad.

Edit:no desire to insult anyone, just surprised you attacked me.

I own a Mexican Strat and it is awesome, but fender wanted to save costs and screwed the Mexicans that made it but I still payed 900 bucks for it... So, who is the pig?

Me drink..never..;)

• Members

When does being able to crash mean having access to Mom & Dad's bank account? I think you may be the one that needs to dig up some more interviews, they most certainly were not fronting his or GNR's expenses.

His first LP copy was bought for him by his producer during the recording of Appetite. If he was so deep in his parents pockets why did he not have an original '59 LP instead of a copy and why the hell did his producer have to buy it for him instead of him laying out his parents cash?

Believe whatever you want, no skin off my ass one way or the other. Someone asked if Slash was poor and I pointed out that he wasn't. If you want to believe that he was because it fits the image that appeals to you, knock yourself out...

• Members

Where do you keep getting "beater" from?

He used his copy to record Appetite for Destruction and then took it out on tour. He's openly admitted that it was his main guitar during that time.

How does that qualify as "beater"?

Again not sure of Slash's financial situation. He built a replica that he could take on tour and not worry about. Better than taking a real 1959 out. Maybe he really loved the replica, it was his only guitar and it wasn't his beater, don't know what his situation was at the time of Appetite.

I'm saying beater like when Peter Frampton takes his Custom shop on the road but leaves the original at home. While the Custom shop still costs good money it would be better to lose that guitar instead of a vintage Les Paul.

The money into my Fake LP is now $1000. Nothing to sneeze at but I'd rather have it damaged or stolen than have my real Gibson 58 LP Custom shop damaged or stolen. So now I have (based on my financial level) a very expensive "beater."

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I find it funny that Craigslist would worry about it but Facebook has no issue with it. One of the advertisements is for http://www.thecheapestguitar.com/  and they plainly say they are selling Gibson Custom Shop guitars for $450 but you click on the about us and they show the pics of the Chinese plant making all the counterfiets.

http://www.thecheapestguitar.com/les-paul-guitars-/514-59-les-paul-std-r9-killer-quilt-scotch-burst.html

• Members

Im going to buy a bunch of gibson logos and stick them on everything I own. Guitars, cars, my underwear, everything.I will do this for the sheer satisfaction of knowing it will piss some of you crybabies off. I will call them my "oh yes I DID  and by the way, {censored} your self righteous selves right the {censored} off" model. Anyone know where I can get some gibson logos?

• Members

omni wrote:

I own two actually. Look at the sig. I feel I ought to insult you somehow, but really this is pretty boring. Edit: I'm down to one chinese strat. Paint peeled, turned one back in. So just a Chinese strat and a chinese Sg, oh well. Both are legal though......

Insult me if you want, I speak the truth. Any guitar that is made and you pay for is legit. It's the American company's that are {censored}ing greedy pigs.

So all Trademark law and intellectual property law is to be ignored?  Or just for those companies you deem to be 'greedy pigs'?  Do you have a list, so I can see which companies to buy from or not?

Archived