Kicked off Craigslist twice for Les Paul Goldtop Chinese Copy.

epi56ebony

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if Slash has ever used his guitar in IL? He should go to jail Prancing around on stage with it as well. How dare his total disrespect for the law. LMAO!!

That's what I'm thinking. And if anyone feels that he gets a pass because he's famous and no one else does, is just a god damn hypocrite. Same goes for people that break any law (speeding, jaywalking, throwing their cigarette butts out the car window which is littering, public intoxication, etc.) and then whine on and on about somebody else breaking the law.............hypocrite.

• Members

1. *You're

2. He obviously doesn't believe it, because he's well aware that he plays a fake and has since the 80s.

1. You're not my Mum.

2. Take your 'For sale' {censored}e off your sig and put it in the spam thread.

• Members

If the Chinese fake is the result of a slavish attempt to pass off a guitar as a genuine Gibson -- with the open book headstock with Gibson logo -- then selling it would indeed be illegal, just as any knock-off would be. The problem--as I see it--would be that your buyer could then turn around and attempt to represent it as genuine, selling it to some sucker for much more $$. If you want to be on the up-and-up, you'll need to find a way to remove or replace the counterfeit logo without making it look like a total POS.

• Members

I guess he needed a "beater" Gibson Les Paul for the road.

Kept the real ones at home.

I completely understand that. So does everyone else here on the forum who has ever bought that "beater" guitar they could take around to friend's home or gigs without worrying about it.

He wasn't talking about a "beater". He's talking about the '59 LP replica he used to record Appetite.

• Members

Slash has very wealthy parents he grew up in a very rich area pf BH. Another person that used a fake Gibson "V" was James Hetfield. Used it on the the first albums. You know, who gives a {censored}?

jamesh1vcopy.jpg

• Members

Well, between Slash and Hetfield 20 years ago, I imagine you're right; open season on Gibson counterfeits. We're all legit to buy the pressed board crap with the 'right' name on the headstock, rather than a better, cheaper guitar with Agile or Epiphone on the headstock. Yep.

• Members

Well, between Slash and Hetfield 20 years ago, I imagine you're right; open season on Gibson counterfeits. We're all legit to buy the pressed board crap with the 'right' name on the headstock, rather than a better, cheaper guitar with Agile or Epiphone on the headstock. Yep.

They made some great music with them guitars.Sold millions of records. hell, James guitar even had a bolt on neck...

• Members

It wasn't a beater? Why didn't he just buy the 59 LP and take that on the road if there's "no worries."

See part of quote "because I couldn't afford...."

Were you not aware that Appetite was recorded with an LP replica?

Hint: He had more than one.

Also interesting: His signature Gibson LP is based on the specs of one of his replicas.

• Members

Slash has very wealthy parents he grew up in a very rich area pf BH....

Slash's first guitar was bought for him by his grandmother (whom he lived with during that time). It only had one string.

He went on to drop out of high school in the 11th grade.

Money. His parents may have had some. He didn't.

• Members

See part of quote "because I couldn't afford...."

Were you not aware that Appetite was recorded with an LP replica?

Hint: He had more than one.

Also interesting:
His signature Gibson LP is based on the specs of one of his replicas

So its alright for Gibson to copy the copy? ?Hmmmmm

• Members

Slash's first guitar was bought for him by his grandmother (whom he lived with during that time). It only had one string.

He went on to drop out of high school in the 11th grade.

Money. His parents may have had some. He didn't.

You might want to dig up some interviews he's done on youtube. There was one posted a while back (on Letterman I think) where he told the story of Axl crashing with him at his parent's place in Beverly Hills in the early days of G'N'R. Didn't sound like he was too far from his parent's money at the time...

• Members

You're just getting that ?

He didn't have a good guitar. Whatever he had wouldn't stay in tune.

There's a whole thing about it in the latest GC mailer. Even mentions Kris Derrig 3 times.

• Members

I think it's alright for Gibson to copy a counterfeit Gibson.

Neil Young one time went into a San Mateo used record shop (on El Camino Real) in the early 80s and just picked up all of the Neil Young bootleg vinyl (no CDs then) and just walked out of the store. Nothing the owner could do about it.

Neil also asked his fans to contribute bootleg material for his Archives box set.

The Who bought a lost (accidentally thrown out tape) of alternate takes for Who's Next and used them as bonus tracks on the Who's Next reissue.

Archived