Galveston Guitars? Any good?

chimi

• Members

I bought a green strat style at my favorite music store Replay Music in Greenfield MA for $100 then went to www.guitatarfetish.com and bought a pre-loaded pickguard(Keep in mind they come with hand wound pickups)$35

Then I added a Wilkonson WS50 steel tremolo and solid block along with LSR roller nut and Sperzel locking tuners

For less than $300 I have a strat that plays as well if not better than a new $2600 American Standard

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Look man, I'm not a guitar snob by any means. I'm a proud owner of a few Fender Strats and a classic Martin. I just picked up an $80 Galveston acoustic/electric, and I love it. I tweaked the neck a bit, tended to the frets a little and put some quality strings on it. It's a very nice all around, no worries guitar. Great for taking outside and playing around by the camp fire. You get a little more than you pay for in this case.

• Like 1

• Members
Sensitive bunch, those texans, eh?

I've been to Texas a few times, and found the people there to be downright nice.

There seems to be something about Internet forums which either makes people hypersensitive, or just somehow attracts those with knotted panties.

Although I do think we should be given our hockey team name back. The "Minnesota Wild" is a terrible name for a sports team, and (let's face it) the North Stars do not belong in Dallas at all. People down there think hockey is an indoor sport, for crying out loud! :rolleyes:

Best hockey team ever was the minor league (is that a thing in hockey?) team from Macon, GA: The Macon Whoopee...:)

• 5 years later...
  • Members
10 hours ago, Demonseed2516 said:

I have a galveston monkey grip  steve vie copy white with gold floyd rose fine tuning bridge locking nut. Exact replica of the steve vie Ibanez copy anyone know anything about these 

Start your own thread and post pics and model number if you want any meaningful responses.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

There was a Galveston bass In my basement for like 5 years left from one of my kids.  One day I decided to fix the amp and mess with the bass, learned to adjust and set It up right. It now sounds and plays great. Stays in tune, absolutely no more fret buzz, intonation is perfect and sounds really flawless.  I practiced every day for a year. Then I bought a Fender 40 amp  and then wanted to upgrade the bass. Just got a new Sire P7.  Terrible fret noise and other strange noises and just doesn't sound right, therefore not fun to play. I thought I researched enough but now I see there is a lot about the fret noise on the internet.  I miss playing my Galveston and may take the sire back- I don't want to mess with the adjustments. I feel like just sticking with what works, even though it's just a Galveston.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I just got a thin body Galveston resonator with lipstick pickup for 299 nzd (pissant currencycompared to bidenbucks) and it's AWESOME. I need to get my acoustic chops after being stuck with a dead string cort dread and it's perfect. Definitely gig and record worthy!

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Byrdo74 said:

I just got a thin body Galveston resonator with lipstick pickup for 299 nzd (pissant currencycompared to bidenbucks) and it's AWESOME. I need to get my acoustic chops after being stuck with a dead string cort dread and it's perfect. Definitely gig and record worthy!

Happy New Guitar Day!:thu:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 3/10/2024 at 4:16 PM, Byrdo74 said:

Congratulations. Happy New Guitar Day. :thu: