Sign in to follow this  
chimi

Galveston Guitars? Any good?

I bought a green strat style at my favorite music store Replay Music in Greenfield MA for $100 then went to www.guitatarfetish.com and bought a pre-loaded pickguard(Keep in mind they come with hand wound pickups)$35

Then I added a Wilkonson WS50 steel tremolo and solid block along with LSR roller nut and Sperzel locking tuners

For less than $300 I have a strat that plays as well if not better than a new $2600 American Standard

Look man, I'm not a guitar snob by any means. I'm a proud owner of a few Fender Strats and a classic Martin. I just picked up an $80 Galveston acoustic/electric, and I love it. I tweaked the neck a bit, tended to the frets a little and put some quality strings on it. It's a very nice all around, no worries guitar. Great for taking outside and playing around by the camp fire. You get a little more than you pay for in this case.

• Like 1

. . . I just picked up an $80 Galveston acoustic/electric' date=' and I love it. . . .[/quote']

We generally try to value everyone's input but it will be better received if you don't resurrect a 5 year old thread with your first post. If you have something to share, go ahead and start your own thread.

Sensitive bunch, those texans, eh?

I've been to Texas a few times, and found the people there to be downright nice.

There seems to be something about Internet forums which either makes people hypersensitive, or just somehow attracts those with knotted panties.

Although I do think we should be given our hockey team name back. The "Minnesota Wild" is a terrible name for a sports team, and (let's face it) the North Stars do not belong in Dallas at all. People down there think hockey is an indoor sport, for crying out loud! :rolleyes:

Best hockey team ever was the minor league (is that a thing in hockey?) team from Macon, GA: The Macon Whoopee...:)

I have a galveston monkey grip  steve vie copy white with gold floyd rose fine tuning bridge locking nut. Exact replica of the steve vie Ibanez copy anyone know anything about these 

10 hours ago, Demonseed2516 said:

I have a galveston monkey grip  steve vie copy white with gold floyd rose fine tuning bridge locking nut. Exact replica of the steve vie Ibanez copy anyone know anything about these 

Start your own thread and post pics and model number if you want any meaningful responses.