Tell me about Aria Pro II guitars

chimi

• Members
On 11/6/2021 at 1:08 PM, Ginfizz said:

Hi I'm Carlo from Roma (Italia)

I found an ARIA Pro II magna series in my father's cellar. All the PU elements (HSS) are present. 5 way bridge switch etc There is also a miniswitch perhaps to split the humbucker. The only thing missing are the potentiometers. I would like to make it work but I couldn't find any circuit diagrams on the web. Can you help me? sorry for my really bad english. Thanks and regards

Ok, this will be just about exactly what you need except for the mini switch. (First diagram down.) Don't worry if they use all single coils. the concept is still the same.

Strat - Master Tone - Wiring Ideas & Productive Discussion | The Gear Page

To add the coil tap, Wire JUST the tap wires from the bridge humbucker to the switch shown this way.

1 Humbucker/1 Volume/1Tone/Pull for North Single Coil (guitarelectronics.com)

Edited by badpenguin
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • Members

hi all not been on here before my names kev  i have been a guitar enthusiast since i heard the rolling stones record ANGIE  i have a collection of about nine oldest one being a |Yamaha s50-a acoustic and as this discussion is based on Aria i have a Aria TA-40 twelve string semi made in Korea s/n 80 beautiful sound wine red 335 copy i would say nevertheless has a warm rich tone plugged in or not i dont play now because of arthritis in my fingers but still love the sound may leave it to my guitar budding Granddaughter good luck all will keep reading....kev

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I have an Aria Pro II (The Cat) that I bought back in the day to modify.  Looking at it right now :). It now has a JB Humbucker, USA Strat pickup in the middle, and (I think) a Jack White Strat pickup in the neck position.  

The neck is tiny and lightening fast (like, takes getting used to, fast).  Very fun little guitar that I should play more!  :)

• Members

High guys, i have an old aria pro mk11 strat copy. Which particular model i am not sure as its currently in thailand and i am in oz. Firstly as another person mentioned this guitar plays like butter. Its that good. However through an amp it sounds down right sick. ITs other great redeeming feature is that it stays in tune a long time, i threw the wammy bar away. So the hardware will mostly stay as is.

So what i want to know is what pickups and electronics  can i substitute without major surgery.

• 4 months later...
  • Members
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I had recently purchased a MAC-780. I never knew this guitar even existed. It was a limited edition. I do know this model was discontinued. The only model that comes close is the PE-780. I searched all over the net just to see are there anymore out there. I haven't haven't found another one yet. What makes this guitar so unique is the headstock has roses on it. And the neck also has a vine with roses on it as the inlay. Where the fret marker would be on the fretboard, it is replaced with white roses. The sound of the pickups are well balanced and in the coil tapped position. The guitar really shines. I couldn't be more pleased.

• Members
On 7/12/2023 at 2:26 PM, J.G said:

I had recently purchased a MAC-780. I never knew this guitar even existed. It was a limited edition. I do know this model was discontinued. The only model that comes close is the PE-780. I searched all over the net just to see are there anymore out there. I haven't haven't found another one yet. What makes this guitar so unique is the headstock has roses on it. And the neck also has a vine with roses on it as the inlay. Where the fret marker would be on the fretboard, it is replaced with white roses. The sound of the pickups are well balanced and in the coil tapped position. The guitar really shines. I couldn't be more pleased.

Pictures, or it doesn't exist. :welcome:

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...
  • Members

I have a Aria pro ii rs inazuma-v, it needs a 3 way switch.  What is a good replacement for this switch? I tried fender, and others but they don't fit at all.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, frk said:

I have a Aria pro ii rs inazuma-v, it needs a 3 way switch.  What is a good replacement for this switch? I tried fender, and others but they don't fit at all.

Pic would help...please show us the old switch:wave:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey, guys. I've just bought this guitar. She's got no serial number. It's not an Aria-pro II, just an Aria stg-series in traslucent dark green . Can you help me to know when and where was she made?

spacer.png